School of Basic Sciences and Research (SBSR)
Basic Science and Research are recognized as the single most important tool in creating a pool of thinkers and world leaders in Science and Technology. Science and Technology driven economy in the world has sustained an edge in developmental goals in the world. In India, basic science and research has gained popularity and relevance in higher education through various governmental initiatives like KVPY, NTSE, and setting up of institutions like IISER.
This year, IIT Kanpur and Sharda University are starting 4 year BS program in Science, an initiative which is in line with the global perspective in Science education. Students of science are being recruited in large numbers in Industry because of their intellect, their problem-solving skills and their understanding of basic concepts. Through a 4 year degree, such students of science would also receive due recognition in developed countries like USA and Canada.
The Sharda University is now opening its portals to students seeking a career in Basic Sciences by introducing a Five-years integrated Bachelor of Science/Master of Science (BS/MS) Programme in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences. The programme is designed as a blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics that will serve as a launching pad for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
The novelty of this programme lies in its interdisciplinary approach, strong flavour of engineering, exposure to disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, and a year-long research project. The students, after successful completion of four years, will have the option to exit with BS degree or continue for the MS degree with a specialization in a particular discipline. Students specializing in a particular discipline will be encouraged to take courses in other disciplines, thus maintaining the strong interdisciplinary flavour of the programme.
This programme is embedded in a mature and highly sophisticated research culture. The University has grown in an open and free academic environment where dedicated teaching, state-of-the-art laboratories, fast information networks and well-stocked libraries have come into being, aided by a flexible and enabling mode of administrative functioning. We believe that this unique academic environment is well positioned to impart high-quality training to inquisitive young minds.
Louis Pasteur rightly said that science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Fundamental science produces knowledge source for applied science to develop technology or techniques for practical human purpose. At School of Basic Sciences & Research we aim to develop Science education to serve two human purposes – to know and to do.
The school offers B.Sc.(Hons) in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science & Technology and M.Sc. in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Microbiology and Biotechnology. The curriculum provides comprehensive core courses of the programs in all areas of basic sciences - chemical, physical, mathematical environmental and biological sciences. The undergraduate and postgraduate courses are designed to develop the problem-finding and problem-solving abilities of students. Post graduate courses are tailor made to engage students in dissertations in gaining authentic experience in the third and fourth semesters. School holds regular conferences, seminars and symposia in research areas as well as workshops aimed at addressing fundamental issues in science education.
Our school is truly the place where imagination and research are bridged. Research infrastructure currently available at SBSR includes instrumentation facility, material research laboratory(MRL) and a modern library with access to many research journals and on-line databases. Our funding agencies include DST, MSME, MoES etc. With the extensive student support system, graduate and post graduate students aspiring to be researchers can focus their attention on their research activities.
The faculty and staff of SBSR are well recognized scholars, innovative researchers and award-winning teachers, and they are dedicated to sharing their knowledge and ideas with students. Through academic experimentation, faculty members with the necessary experience and students work closely together, making a strong bond that persists long after the course completion.
We look forward to welcoming many motivated individuals.
5 years (Research)
Ph. D (about to submit), M. Tech
- PhD. (Thesis Submitted)
- 16 Years
- Ph.D., M.Sc. (Tech.), DYSc.
Ph.D., M.Sc., NET (UGC-CSIR)
TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: More than 25 Years
- Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI) and Sharda University, (October 2008 - Continuing)
- Associate Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI), (January 2008 - September 2008)
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions and Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology (October 1997 – December 2007)
- Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Sharda University (May 2016 – Continuing)
- Chief Vigilance Officer, Sharda University (March 2016 – Continuing)
- Director & Director Academics, Vidya College of Engineering, Meerut (July 2011 – January 2016)
- Founder Controller of Examinations, Sharda University (2009 – 2011)
- Dean Academics, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2008 – 2009)
- Director, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida ((2007 –2008)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2006 - 2007)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut (1997 - 2004)
- Ph. D. in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1997)
- M. Sc. in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1988)
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1986)
M. Sc.; Ph. D.
- Assistant Professor (August 2009 till date) in Department of Physics, at Sharda University Greater Noida, India.
- Senior Lecturer (October 2008 to July 2009) in Department of Physics, at Sharda University (Formally Hindustan Institute of Technoloy), Greater Noida, India.
- Lecturer (January 2006 to September 2008) in Department of Physics, at Hindustan Institute of Technology, Greater Noida, India.
- Lecturer (October 2004 to December 2005) in Department of Physics at Veera College of Engineering, Bijnor, India.
- Ph.D (Physics), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad,
- Master of Science (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Roorkee
- Bachelor of Science, M. J. P. Rohilkhand University Barielly
B.Sc. (hons), M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., NET
17 Years of research and teaching in India and Abroad
Ph.D from University of Limerick, Ireland
Ph.D. (Banaras Hindu University)
Sharda university has always believed in helping and guiding its students and it was no different during the placement season. Regular classes held at our college to help us with our aptitude and techNandita Sethi B.Tech-IT
I spent four years studying at Sharda and this was an absolutely unforgettable period in my life. Sharda is not only professional in teaching international students, but the school is also good at takJyotsana Phartyal B.Tech-ECE
When I first entered Sharda University I was anxious about my future. Over the four years so many doors were opened for our personal and academic development that I became confident. The university aiG. Shakthi Priya B.Tech-ECE
Here I came as a school boy and now graduating as a corporate man. Here, I not only developed my academic skills but also got a global exposure in every field be it sports or others. At last I would lAnup Dey B.Tech-ECE
Getting placed in a top IT company has always been my goal and Sharda University helped me realize this dream of mine. Thanks to the Department of Corporate Affairs without whose help this would not hT.S. Praveen Rao B.Tech. (CSE)
I am grateful to Sharda University - both the faculty and the Training & Placement Department. They've made efforts ensuring maximum number of placed students. The university started grooming us fIshan Sharma B.Tech-IT
I thank my ECE department and its faculty members for encouraging me to think globally and spread my wings to take off for the land of rising Sun and I appreciate the support of my university for shapAnu Verma B.Tech-ECE
For Sharda University, "The world is here, where are you" is not just a slogan but I lived it in reality. Sharda is a beautiful and historic place where people from different nationalities meet togethKomal B. Desai B.Tech-ECE
I have received a lot from Sharda University; it has provided me a platform from where I am able to make my standing in the corporate world. Sharda campus acted as source of motivation for me, it hasBharat Agarwal M.B.A.
Sharda University has helped me a lot in getting the first and the most important job profile of my life. I am placed in IACT Global, Noida as an Assistant Manager much before completing my studies. TAnkita Kumari M.B.A.