School of Basic Sciences and Research (SBSR)
Basic Science and Research are recognized as the single most important tool in creating a pool of thinkers and world leaders in Science and Technology. Science and Technology driven economy in the world has sustained an edge in developmental goals in the world. In India, basic science and research has gained popularity and relevance in higher education through various governmental initiatives like KVPY, NTSE, and setting up of institutions like IISER.
This year, IIT Kanpur and Sharda University are starting 4 year B.Sc program in Science, an initiative which is in line with the global perspective in Science education. Students of science are being recruited in large numbers in Industry because of their intellect, their problem-solving skills and their understanding of basic concepts. Through a 4 year degree, such students of science would also receive due recognition in developed countries like USA and Canada.
The Sharda University is now opening its portals to students seeking a career in Basic Sciences by introducing a Five-years integrated Bachelor of Science/Master of Science (B.Sc/M.Sc) Programme in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences. The programme is designed as a blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics that will serve as a launching pad for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
The novelty of this programme lies in its interdisciplinary approach, strong flavour of engineering, exposure to disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, and a year-long research project. The students, after successful completion of four years, will have the option to exit with B.Sc degree or continue for the M.Sc degree with a specialization in a particular discipline. Students specializing in a particular discipline will be encouraged to take courses in other disciplines, thus maintaining the strong interdisciplinary flavour of the programme.
This programme is embedded in a mature and highly sophisticated research culture. The University has grown in an open and free academic environment where dedicated teaching, state-of-the-art laboratories, fast information networks and well-stocked libraries have come into being, aided by a flexible and enabling mode of administrative functioning. We believe that this unique academic environment is well positioned to impart high-quality training to inquisitive young minds.
Louis Pasteur rightly said that science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Fundamental science produces knowledge source for applied science to develop technology or techniques for practical human purpose. At School of Basic Sciences & Research we aim to develop Science education to serve two human purposes – to know and to do.
The school offers B.Sc.(Hons) in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science & Technology and M.Sc. in Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Microbiology and Biotechnology. The curriculum provides comprehensive core courses of the programs in all areas of basic sciences - chemical, physical, mathematical environmental and biological sciences. The undergraduate and postgraduate courses are designed to develop the problem-finding and problem-solving abilities of students. Post graduate courses are tailor made to engage students in dissertations in gaining authentic experience in the third and fourth semesters. School holds regular conferences, seminars and symposia in research areas as well as workshops aimed at addressing fundamental issues in science education.
Our school is truly the place where imagination and research are bridged. Research infrastructure currently available at SBSR includes instrumentation facility, material research laboratory(MRL) and a modern library with access to many research journals and on-line databases. Our funding agencies include DST, MSME, MoES etc. With the extensive student support system, graduate and post graduate students aspiring to be researchers can focus their attention on their research activities.
The faculty and staff of SBSR are well recognized scholars, innovative researchers and award-winning teachers, and they are dedicated to sharing their knowledge and ideas with students. Through academic experimentation, faculty members with the necessary experience and students work closely together, making a strong bond that persists long after the course completion.
We look forward to welcoming many motivated individuals.
- 16 Years
- Ph.D., M.Sc. (Tech.), DYSc.
Ph.D., M.Sc., NET (UGC-CSIR)
TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: More than 25 Years
- Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI) and Sharda University, (October 2008 - Continuing)
- Associate Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI), (January 2008 - September 2008)
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions and Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology (October 1997 – December 2007)
- Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Sharda University (May 2016 – Continuing)
- Chief Vigilance Officer, Sharda University (March 2016 – Continuing)
- Director & Director Academics, Vidya College of Engineering, Meerut (July 2011 – January 2016)
- Founder Controller of Examinations, Sharda University (2009 – 2011)
- Dean Academics, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2008 – 2009)
- Director, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida ((2007 –2008)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2006 - 2007)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut (1997 - 2004)
- Ph. D. in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1997)
- M. Sc. in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1988)
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1986)
M. Sc.; Ph. D.
- Assistant Professor (August 2009 till date) in Department of Physics, at Sharda University Greater Noida, India.
- Senior Lecturer (October 2008 to July 2009) in Department of Physics, at Sharda University (Formally Hindustan Institute of Technoloy), Greater Noida, India.
- Lecturer (January 2006 to September 2008) in Department of Physics, at Hindustan Institute of Technology, Greater Noida, India.
- Lecturer (October 2004 to December 2005) in Department of Physics at Veera College of Engineering, Bijnor, India.
- Ph.D (Physics), Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, Allahabad,
- Master of Science (Physics), Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, Roorkee
- Bachelor of Science, M. J. P. Rohilkhand University Barielly
B.Sc. (hons), M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D., NET
17 Years of research and teaching in India and Abroad
Ph.D from University of Limerick, Ireland
Ph.D. (Banaras Hindu University)
More than five decades
M.Sc.(NET), Ph.D. (Pursuing)
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)
School of Business Studies has taught me the art of Involvement and adaptability and its applications to tackle the uncertain situations. The learning in the class room and interaction with industry eSai Arjun MBA