Sharda University Analytical Center
Sharda University at its Greater Noida Campus is managing the Analytical Center and the Instrumentation teaching labs. In this advanced facility, the center supports the measurement needs of researchers, working with the university and pursuing multidisciplinary research and the most effective way of teaching analytical techniques to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Analytical Center: Operation
The SUAC provides a unique and rewarding opportunity for both the students and the faculty that “transforms” scientific knowledge into practice while rendering analytical services to the industry through technical consultancy and third-party certification of materials.
The state-of-the-art facilities available with the Analytical Center are offered for research & testing services to the industry.
In line with the analytical strength and capability, the Materials Testing is provided in the fields of Food & Construction Materials for:
- Food Adulterant Testing: This includes testing for all sorts of adulterants, including artificial colouring agents, bulk-forming agents, texture-altering agents, additives, preservatives etc.
- Chemical Contaminant Testing: These include a variety of substances, including organic contaminants like fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and animal tissues; and inorganic contaminants like antimony, arsenic, asbestos, barium, and cadmium.
- Microbial Testing: Foodborne illnesses are caused by pathogens, which include naturally occurring bacteria, viruses, parasites, and toxins (mycotoxins and seafood toxins). For bacteria, which are the only pathogens routinely tested for in food samples, the testing is done for specific types of bacteria, using a variety of methods, including bacterial culture, gene probes, manual assays, as well as automated assays.
- Drug Residue Testing: Drugs, especially antibiotics are given to poultry and other animals for disease prevention and production of better-quality meat. The residues of these drugs can still remain in the meat and enter the human food chain. Therefore, there is a need to test the levels of these drug residues to check whether the levels are within the safe recommended levels.
- Construction Material Testing:
- Soil Testing
- Cement & Concrete Testing
- Compressive Strength Testing
- Aggregate Testing
- Bitumen Testing
- General Laboratory Testing
Material Research Center: Operation
The consultancy services are provided at the center for technical assistance to industry in designing collaborative R&D plans of their immediate interest.