Sharda School of Humanities & Social Sciences
Welcome to the Sharda School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Sharda University. Within a short period of its establishment in 2012, SSHSS has emerged as the epicenter of cultural, creative and academic activity at Sharda University with students from all over the world creating a multi-cultural environment and a vibrant network of global students.
- The school is committed to achieve the five objectives of Higher Education; Pedagogy, Extension, Application, Research and Learning.
- The school offers Graduate, Post-Graduate and Doctoral Research Programs in English Literature, History, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science and Yogic Sciences.
- The courses have been designed methodically to provide rigorous knowledge of subjects to students as well as to enhance their critical and analytical abilities.
- The curriculum offered is credit based and in line with premier educational institutions in the sphere of literature and social studies. It is continuously upgraded to incorporate the innovations and best practices from national and international universities.
- We also offer courses in communicative English for special purposes and take pride in having attracted foreign students from China, Afghanistan, Vietnam and African nations to pursue them.
- Pathway courses offered by the school for International students and professionals that include Bridge Courses, Foundation Courses and Certificate Courses in English, German and Hindi, enhance interpretive and expressive skills of students enabling them to become competent professionals in diverse fields.
- The school has signed a MOU with Cambridge University and is working with Cambridge Assessment English which means that students will get access to a comprehensive range of support and will be granted the prestigious Cambridge certification on successful completion of English language courses.
- The school is equipped with language lab with access to Pearson Global English Software.
- Wi-Fi enabled spacious classrooms with projectors and other audio-visual aids.
- With progressive and innovative outlook towards teaching, our highly accomplished and dedicated faculty earnestly follows interactive and student centric approaches to teaching–learning.
- Special lectures by eminent professors and erudite scholars from various institutions of repute are held in the school periodically and co-curricular activities/events feature prominently in our academic calendar.
- The faculty of the school also provides intensive mentoring to the students both within and beyond classrooms in a wide variety of forums.