School of Education
School of Education is an intellectually vibrant community which is nationally acclaimed and is a reliable source of knowledge about the systems that impact student's educational and social development along with educator's professional development.
The distinct programmes offered at SOE come with a blend of theory and practical opportunities. Educators are equipped to become agents of change in their schools, and in local and global communities. The curriculum at SOE is in line with the global trends regarding student-teacher education that facilitates a deep understanding of global competitiveness, academic strength, hands-on learning of teaching skills and firsthand experience of the school environment and work culture.
Dedicated attention, skill building and meaningful relationships are core outcomes of the student experience. The faculty is committed to best practices, active learning and student-centred pedagogy. They not only teach content, but they model it as well by building relationships with students, facilitating engaging discussions and providing an authentic assessment that stretches you as a lifelong learner.
After completing this programme, graduates of the programme are able to
- Showcase leadership abilities in Curriculum design and instruction, Dynamics of organisational change, Contextual learning and design, Program assessment and evaluation, Professional development, Research design evaluation, assessment, and measurement.
- Demonstrate expertise in a scholarly discipline and improve understanding of the world of the arts, sciences, and technology.
- Use their expertise and skills to make a positive contribution to society.
- Make reasoned decisions based on an understanding of ethics, respect for diversity, and an awareness of issues.
- Think critically and creatively.
- SOE at Sharda University nurtures the pedagogues of tomorrow by incorporating the educational research and interdisciplinary perspective into the curriculums.
- Evolving Educational Technology, Teacher Education, Economics of Education, Educational planning & administration, the psychology of education, etc. are the significant aspects covered in the programmes.
- Regular classes are organised for the preparation of competitive tests like the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) and National Eligibility Test for Lectureship and Research Fellowships (NET).
- We believe in imparting humanitarian education that fosters humanistic values necessary for a responsible citizenry and global perspectives.
- We have Internship opportunities in reputed schools of NCR like S.S. Memorial School, Deep Public Memorial School, Greater Valley School, JP International School, Mahamaya Balika Inter College, etc.