- Postdoctoral Research Scientist (2014 – 2017) Involved in investigating functional conservation and diversification of conserved and functionally important plant miRNAs in some crops species, at Department of Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, U.S.A., in collaboration with Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou, China.
- DAAD Postdoctoral Researcher (Sept. 2013 – Dec. 2013) Project aimed to identify fungal effectors interfering with conserved components of the plant immune system using maize-Ustilago maydis pathosystem, at Department of Organismic Interactions, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburg, Germany.
- Postdoctoral Researcher (Dec. 2009 - June 2010) On a project to find out the molecular mechanisms of RCD1 (RADICAL-INDUCED CELL DEATH1) and SRO1 (SIMILAR TO RCD ONE1) in controlling the developmental pathways of Arabidopsis thaliana, at Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus, U.S.A.
- Ph.D. (2003 - 2009) Worked at Ohio State University, U.S.A on projects
- Characterization of two genes encoding a WWE domain and a PARP (poly-ADP ribose polymerase) domain, RCD1 (RADICAL-INDUCED CELL DEATH1) and SRO1 (SIMILAR TO RCD ONE1) in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Study of transcriptional regulation of flower development in Arabidopsis thaliana particularly focusing on identification of direct targets of transcription factor, PERIANTHIA (PAN), through ChIP-chip.
- Research project (part-time, 2002-2003) Worked in a research project namely, “Regeneration ability of transgenic eggplants over-expressing polyamine biosynthesis genes”, at Department of Genetics, University of Delhi - South Campus, India.
WORK EXPERIENCE/POSITIONS HELD
- Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Sharda University, Greater Noida, U.P., India, 2017-till date.
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Department of Biological Sciences, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, MI, U.S.A., 2014 –2017.
- DAAD Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Organismic Interactions, Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburg, Germany, Sept. 2013- Dec. 2013.
- Assistant Professor, School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, U.P., India, July 2010 onwards.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Plant Cellular and Molecular Biology, Ohio State University, U.S.A., Dec. 2009- June 2010.
- Graduate Teaching/Research Associate, Department of Plant, Cellular and Molecular Biology and Introductory Biology Program, at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, U.S.A., Oct. 2003- Nov. 2009.
- Lecturer (permanent position), Department of Botany, M.M. College, Modinagar (affiliated to C.C.S. Univ. Meerut), U.P., India, April 2001- September 2003.
- Lecturer, Department of Botany, Meerut College, Meerut, U.P., India, 1999-2000.
My research interest lies in crop improvement using modern plant biotechnological tools, involving gene regulation, small RNAs and protein-protein interactions.