School of Architecture & Planning
The School of Architecture & Planning (SAP) prepares the students for the real world they can make a lasting impact in designing the future and have an exciting and rewarding career. The students at SAP have crafted the world as renowned landscape architects, urban planners, urban designers, and history preservationists.
The schoolâ€™s nationally accredited degree programs, world-class faculty, and state-of-the-art facilities connect to provide the students with a broad range of opportunities in both the public and private sectors of the industry. SAP leads the students through both practical and theoretical learning until they can master in an innovative design that reflects art and science.
The school has forged numerous connections and partnerships with schools and professionals in countries around the world. The faculty comprises of academicians from internationally renowned universities such as Cornell, University of Cincinnati, Ecole Des Beaux Art, Paris, University of Manitoba, Jawaharlal Nehru University, School of Planning & Architecture, National Institute of Design, Delhi College of Art, as well as leading Architectural practitioners and Planning professionals from all over the country.
The programmes under School of Architecture & Planning are designed to enable students to
- Be highly efficient in money management, team leadership skills, and develop organisational capabilities, so that they can produce a significant impact on their business careers or further education
- Gain primary and professional education to students in building-related systems that will prepare them to succeed in the profession of architectural engineering
- Contribute to the society as professional engineers dealing with analysis, design and other related activities within the architecture industry
- Identify and solve meaningful architectural engineering problems
- Become detail-oriented, analytical, and budget conscious
- State-of-the-art facilities that promote collaboration and teamwork amongst students. The generous, open plan studios support and enable them to develop their approach as an individual.
- Media unit at SAP offers inbuilt projectors in each classroom, audio-visual rooms and a fully equipped computer lab with upgraded PCs that host a suite of Professional BIM, CAD and other design software's.
- Several site visits are regularly arranged to enable the students with the latest practices of the industry and to help them interact with eminent Architects and Professionals of this field.
- SAP encourages students to interact and learn from students of various other programs and to enrich their experience by participating in inter-School and University events.
- Introduced a Vertical Studio Annual Event where students can understand different levels of design complexities and expose themselves to interdependent social learning. During this event the students of First, Second, Third and Final Year work together on their respective group projects and present them at the event.