Teaching Learning Centre
The 'Teaching Learning Centre' (TLC) embraces the Teachers Reskilling Cell, as part of innovative initiatives to upgrade the university's teaching staff skills. The Centre has been conducting faculty development programmes to train the faculty members on various skills to meet the changing trends in higher education. This Centre also imparts innovative teaching skills and pedagogy for the newly inducted faculty.
This centre's strength lies in Sharda University with a state-of-the-art Sharda Hospital, co-located with the School of Medical Sciences & Research, and offers extensive clinical training to its budding doctors. The 1200-bedded hospital is equipped with modern facilities and sophisticated medical equipment. The hospital provides tertiary care across a wide range of medical and surgical specialities and super-specialities. It runs 24x7 Emergency and Trauma Care Centre, having over 90 critical care beds at its ICU and Critical Care Department.
Sharda University is one of the largest education groups in India with more than 14000 students from 85+ countries offering 216+ courses at graduate and postgraduate level including medical. Sharda University have 250+ global tie-ups and offers 1000+ highly qualified faculties. These faculties are well trained/experienced both in teaching and in research. Sharda has an excellent library, computer facilities, and access to all these excellent infrastructural facilities of the University.
The functions of the Teaching Learning Centre are to upskilling the existing and newly joined faculty members, organize refresher courses for the serving teachers and conduct leadership development programs for senior administrators, heads of departments, principals and other officers of Sharda.
Constitution of TLC:
- Prof. Sibaram Khara, Vice Chancellor and Chief Mentor
- Prof. Anubha Vashsisht, Director – IQAC & Mentor
The TLC has been constituted with the following members:
- Prof. S.S Prasada Rao - Professor, SBS - Director
- Prof. Ankur Choudhary - Professor, SET – Deputy Director
- Prof. Nayyar Parvez - Professor, SOP - Member
- Prof. Anamika Paul - Professor, SET - Member
- Prof. Nutan Tyagi - Professor, SHSS - Member
- Dr. Hari Shankar Shyam - Associate Professor, SBS - Member
- Dr. Rikimi Madhukaillya - Associate Professor, SAP - Member
- Dr. Anindita De - Assistant Professor, SBSR - Member
The faculty members and academic administrators are identified for capacity building, knowledge and skill enhancement programs with the objective of a holistic approach focused on the transformation of the campus to a more facilitating conducive environment to innovation, creativity, and quality advanced learning and research with more emphasis.
The main objectives of TLC are:
- To administer a questionnaire among the faculty members for ascertaining their Teaching-Learning needs on a regular basis.
- To organize specially designed Faculty Induction Programs in pedagogy, educational psychology, socio-economic and political concerns for all the new entrants at the Assistant Professor level.
- To organize advanced level and more discipline-oriented refresher courses for capacity enhancement, continuous knowledge up-gradation and exposure to emerging developments for the faculty involved in teaching.
- To conduct specially designed programs to enable the faculty to utilize fast-growing information and communication technology support (ICTS) to teaching and research.
- To enhance the efficiency and productivity of academic administrators at work while organizing the advanced leadership programs.
- To design and deliver the programs more participant centred, experiential and promote entrepreneurial learning.
- To encourage the faculty members to attend various FDPs and workshops conducted by the premier institutions while disseminating the information regarding the same.
What Sets Us Apart
Interaction with the Choicest Peers
The participants will experience unique peer-to-peer learning: sparring and collaborating with a group of accomplished and experienced professionals. They will stand to gain immensely from each other through group discussions, exercises, and simulations that will aid cross-fertilisation of ideas, innovation, and valuable networking.
The Campus as a part of the Learning Experience
The picturesque campus has state-of-the-art classrooms, comfortable lodgings, and the presence of one of the most well-known libraries in the region would pique not only your interest but also have a positive effect on the time you spend here.
Towards Nation Building through Exemplary Faculty
Sharda is renowned for its prestigious line-up in terms of faculty, learning resources and physical facilities. They bring an amalgamation of theoretical pedagogy and contemporary and relevant examples and experiences from real life to our programmes, resulting in holistic education and training.
The learning methodologies are designed according to the needs of the target audiences. These methods engross the participants in a thought-provoking and interactive process of recognising pertinent issues and utilising practical solutions to overcome organisational and leadership challenges, effectively transitioning between theory and practice to reach a relevant state of praxis.
Customized Faculty Development Programs
A significant part of our portfolio consists of constructing and conducting customized faculty development programs for various constituent institutions of Sharda University. The aim is to address their specific requirements and provide them with suitable development interventions and strategic solutions. The training modules for these programmes are designed in close association with the institutions of high reputation.
To learn how we can add value to the learning and development needs and deliver tailor-made integrated solutions, please contact Prof. S. S. Prasada Rao; director_tlc@Sharda.ac.in; 09441968259