About the Programme
B.A. Economics is a three-year undergraduate programme designed to meet the increasing need for an analytical and quantitative approach to problem-solving in the business environment using latest techniques evolved in the fields of Economics and Management.
There is a delicate balance between learning application and articulation of the subject matter in this programme. It aims to prepare students with the latest knowledge understanding and skills required to deal with the complexities of an economic system, and to contribute to understanding problems of production & distribution of scarce resource, and applying the principles of economics in optimal utilisation of resources.
This undergraduate programme has the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per the guidelines of the University Grant Commission (UGC). The structure of this programme involves core courses, ability enhancement opportunities, skill enhancement activities, general electives, interdisciplinary electives and department specific electives.
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1: Have leadership capacity to take decisive action by analyzing ideas, events, activities and policies
- PEO2: Have professional competence to contribute to industry, government and society  under the prevailing economic environment
- PEO3: Have national and global ethical standards in professional and personal life
- PO1: Demonstrate logical reasoning and analytical thinking by imbibing economic concepts and their application through the use of mathematical, statistical and software tools
- PO2: Assess the contemporary economic and business scenario to assist/lead through inquiry and critical thinking in obtaining workable solutions in the light of events, issues, constraints and prevailing policy/regulations
- PO3: Explain and communicate the processes of economic development and their interaction with the global economy
- PO4: Apply the cooperative, sustainable and interdisciplinary approach through application and problem-solving skills to get valuable outcome at work
- PO5: Excel in competitive examinations for employment and post-graduate studies in leading universities across the world through expression and representation skills.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Demonstrate competence to express and engage in a dignified career opportunity as a graduate in the field of business and economics in particular
- PSO2: Exhibit confidence in applying knowledge of economics, statistics and software packages
- PSO3: Communicate with and relate to the surroundings with the urge for continuous learning
- PSO4: Command respect with sound personal character and excellence in performance.