About the Programme
Bachelor of Arts in English is a three-year undergraduate programme designed to prepare students to understand the use of the English language effectively by building vocabulary and introduce them to current ideas and issues. The programme offers deep insights into the world of literature and enables the students to critically appreciate major literary works.
It strengthens the linguistic capabilities of the student through theoretical and practical sessions. The students are introduced to the political, social, cultural, economic and intellectual backgrounds of various periods in literary history. This opens up student vision and capability to acquire an understanding of life.
It is one of the specialisations of Bachelor of Arts that deals in literary, analysis, prose and poetry, written and oral communication skills and related disciplines.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Analyzing the theories, basic principles of humanities and discipline specific terms to   facilitate progressive careers in social sciences.
- PEO2:Developing rhetorical and communication abilities in a variety of contexts.
- PEO3: Demonstrating analytical writing ability that effectively integrates theoretical and   experiential knowledge.
- PEO4: Interpreting new developments in humanities which would enable students cultivate   ethical approaches towards the fallacies of the changing world.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1 Career Enhancement: Enhance skills and acquire knowledgerequired for higher studies   and a progressive career in future.
- PO2 Academic Knowledge: Demonstrate detailed knowledge in one or more disciplines and   integrate knowledge and perspectives across disciplinary boundaries.
- PO3 Critical Analysis: Apply critical and analytical skills to the identification and resolution   of problems within complex social contexts.
- PO4 Effective Communication: Write clearly, effectively, and creatively, and adjust writing   style appropriate to the content, the context, and the core disciplines of social sciences.
- PO5 Nurture of Creative Behaviour: Produce original, creative work that demonstrates   imagination as well as application of the principles of humanities.
- PO6 Life-Long Learning: Expand their ability to investigate social behavior, human   development and a range of theories in the core disciplines of humanities.
- PO7 Value and Ethics: Develop an ethical orientation to living through the evaluation of   society and its development
- PO8 Entrepreneurship: Encourage a positive attitude towards exploring and innovating new   platforms for entrepreneurship
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Disseminating knowledge about core concepts of humanities, community, and organizational concerns, social issues, social policy and practice interventions, within a tradition of multi-disciplinary and multi-professional research.PSO2:
- PSO2: Equipping students with interdisciplinary skills such as assessment skills, communication skills, advocacy and leadership, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, understanding of human relationships, etc.
- PSO3: Instilling professional competence with required skills, integrating interdisciplinary   knowledge and social values with practices to address social needs.