About the Programme
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science is a three-year undergraduate programme that involves the study of major theories concepts and perspectives to real-world situations. The programme is designed for students who have an interest in learning the mechanisms of administrative aspects of a country both nationally and internationally.
It covers a very broad field of subject matter like the interpretation of historical and modern political systems, public administration, governmental policies and procedures, international relations and public affairs. The Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science will engage students in the study of social, economic and political life nationally and globally. The course not just deals with modern political scenarios but also encompasses the history of political development various political revolutions across the world thus helping a student learn the political practices of countries around the world. As politics routinely affects our lives and as more of the masses partake in activism political science professionals are needed. A Bachelor of Political Science degree can provide the knowledge and skills needed to meet this growing demand.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: The graduates will analyze the theories, basic principles of political science to facilitate progressive careers in social sciences.
- PEO2: The graduates will develop rhetorical and communication abilities in a variety of contexts.
- PEO3: The graduates will demonstrate analytical writing ability that effectively integrates theoretical and experiential knowledge.
- PEO4: The graduates will analyze and interpret new developments in political science which would enable them to cultivate ethical approaches towards the fallacies of the changing world
Program Outcomes of the BA (Hons) Political Science:
- PO1: Political Literacy: Understanding of the political concepts institutions, processes, constitutional background and policy outcomes of Indian Government and the ability to compare Indian Government to that of other countries around the world.
- PO2: Global Understanding: Understand and analyze key theories and concepts, historical developments, organizations and modern issues in international relations.
- PO3: Applications of Political Science: Learn to analyze and apply basic political science concepts to current events.
- PO4: Critical and Independent Thinking: Promote critical thinking including the ability to form an argument, detect fallacies, and martial evidence, about key issues of public policy and politics.
- PO5: Holistic Learning and Evaluation: Appraise the interrelationship among the historical, political, economic, cultural and geographical dimensions in political science.
- PO6: Utility of Political Theories: Explore advanced theories of politics and appraise their importance. Apply that knowledge to the practical tasks.
- PO7: Political and Social Ethics: Become productive citizens dedicated to serving their communities, their nations and the world.
- PO8: Political Ideologies: The students will explore theoretical differences among the various authors discussed and considerable attention is devoted to the practical implications of their competing  arguments.Page 7 A.C-21 w.e.f session 2021-22
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1: To engage students in the study of the national and global political system and its linkage with economic and social life.
- PSO2: To equip students with an understanding of politically sensitive issues and the development of generalized problem-solving skills.
- PSO3: To prepare students for careers in Central, State, Local Governments for taking leadership/ administrative positions and to make a valuable contribution to the nation. Besides, they can also join law, NGO, electoral analytics, political journalism, research, and teaching