The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences offers various courses that encourage the spirit of enquiry and critical analysis of new categories of thought that connects individual experience to the wider social life.
Committed to the pursuit of excellence in higher education, the department offers degrees at Bachelor, Masters and Ph. D levels in English Literature, Political Science, History, Psychology, Sociology, and Yogic Sciences. The department also offers various short-term courses in language proficiency. It offers special “bridge” courses and Communicative English Programs to students seeking to improve their language skills. The Remedial English course we offer to university students is always in demand is found useful by a wide range of students from various disciplines.
To become one of the leading schools of humanities and social sciences by setting global standards of excellence in ingenious curriculum, teaching-learning methods, professional
development, and cross-cultural understanding
- M1. To promote learning and employability skills among students.
- M2. To promote study of humankind and its manifestation.
- M3. To help students succeed in their academic and professional lives.
- M4. To encourage research and promote knowledge creation.
Head of the Department- Dr. Pramod K. Sharma
Advisory Board Members:
- Dr. Rupendra Guha Majumdar- Retd. Associate Professor, Department of English, University of Delhi
- Prof. Dilip Kumar Basu- Retd. Professor, Part of DU syllabus committee
- Prof. Nirmalaya Syamanta- Associate Professor, Department of English, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi
- Dr. Minakshi Lahkar- Assistant Professor, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi
- Dr. Raj Kumar Verma- Associate Professor, Department of English, Sri Aurobindo College(M), University of Delhi
- Dr. Anjana Neira Dev- Associate Professor, Department of English, Gargi College, University of Delhi
- Dr. P.K Talan- Professor, AIMT Greater Noida
- Dr. Neeti Rana- Dean SHSS, Associate Professor, Gautam Buddha University
- Prof. Shikha Dixit- Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Kanpur
- Prof. Naved Iqbal- Professor, Department of Psychology, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Dr. Urvesh Chaudhery- Professor, Advanced Institute of Technology and Management, Palwal.
- Prof. Alka Sharma - Professor and Head of the Department, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, NoidaEmail: email@example.com, Area of specialization - Sociology & Anthropology; Gender Studies
- Dr. Sarbeswar Sahoo- Associate Professor,Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi- Email: Sarbeswar.Sahoo@hss.iitd.ac.in- Area of specialization- Sociology & Anthropology; Political Studies; Economic Sociology, Sociology of Religion
- Dr. Shoma Chaudhury Lahiri- Assistant Professor St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous) Calcutta University Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Area of specialization- Sociology & Anthropology; Social Movements, Urban Sociology
- Prof. (Dr.) Ashok Acharya Professor, Dept. of Pol Sc. University of Delhi
- Dr. Nachiketa Singh- Associate Professor, S.G.T.B Khalsa College, University of Delhi
- Prof. (Dr.) Kadloor Savitri- Professor, Department of Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia University.
- Dr. Kumar Rahul- Associate Professor, Ramjas College, University of Delhi
- Dr. Kamakhya Kumar- Associate Professor (Dept. of Yoga), Uttarakhand, Sanskrit- University, Haridwar, U.K- Kamakhya.email@example.com
- Dr. Vijay Singh- Associate Prof. (Dept. of Yoga & Health) Dev Sanskriti University, Haridwar, U.K. Email: Vijay.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. K. Krishna Sharma- Prof. & Head (Dept. of Yoga) Mangalore University, Mangal Gangotri Mangalore, Karnataka
- Dr. B. R. Sharma-Prof., Head (Dept. of Yoga) & Dean Sri Sri UniversityEmail: email@example.com