About the Programme
Masters of Arts in Applied Economics or M.A. (Applied Economics) is a two-year post-graduate programme provides an in-depth insight of finance and management sectors and develops the skills of a student so that they are able to face any challenge in the industry. The programme teaches the latest principles of economic theory through practical learning to students with the help of various internship programmes, workshops, seminars etc.
The curriculum of this programme has been devised with the latest research in mind and draws on some of the most intriguing research fields and generally includes the study of principles of economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, financial systems, International economics etc.
It provides students not only the opportunity to be trained by highly qualified economists but also gives them the opportunity to leverage and expand their networks so that they can shape their careers, whether it be in the academically or beyond.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1- have leadership capacity to take decisive action by analyzing economic ideas, policies, actions and events critically and objectively
- PEO2- have professional competence to contribute to industry, government and society under the dynamic and complex national and global economic environment
- PEO3- have national and global ethical standards in professional life
- PEO4- have strong academic foundation in economic theory and its application that can assist in vertical professional mobility
- PO1-  explain and communicate various aspects of sustainable economic development and the implications on business, society, national and global economy
- PO2-  demonstrate higher level understanding and analytical thinking by using their knowledge of economic concepts and analytical tools
- PO3-  appraise the role of policies, institutions, groups, sectors, regions and sub-regions within the country and at the global level
- PO4-  apply data analytical tools and the quantitative & qualitative methods in solving socio-economic and contemporary business issues
- PO5-  assess the global and local socio-economic, business, and policy issues with competence
- PO6-  apply the knowledge of economics in socio-economic and business problem- solving and relate to academia and industry with the urge for continuous learning
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Demonstrate competence to express and engage in a decent career opportunity in the field of business, economics, and policy analysis
- PSO2: Use quantitative & qualitative analytical tools and techniques along with the knowledge of economics in socio-economic and business problem solving
- PSO3: Analyze important national, sub-national, regional, rural, urban, and sectoral economic aspects with competence
- PSO4: Evaluate international economic issues, ideas, opinions, actions and events meaningfully