About the Programme
The B.A.Honours programme in Geography offers a choice of varied papers covering theoretical, practical and applied aspects of the discipline. It is intended to cover both traditional and contemporary framework of study, thus giving a wide scope to the learners to apply their knowledge and skills in real scenarios. Teaching-learning methods have also evolved from purely lecture mode to demonstrative techniques of knowledge enabling process. The Curriculum aims to develop an aptitude towards erudition that is rich in its content as well as it delivers the requirement of the present day society and industry. The curriculum has been carefully designed to include conceptual, practical, experiential and skill building component. The main objective of this new curriculum is to give the students a holistic understanding of the subject, putting equal weightage to the core content and techniques used in Geography.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To understand concepts and principles of different disciplines of Geography.
- PEO2: To demonstrate a detailed understanding of the selected core discipline of study.
- PEO3: To apply an independent approach to address various issues related to the core area of specialization by using appropriate theories and methodologies.
- PEO4: To work as an independent critically discerning and creative participant in the workplace, community and personal life.
Program Outcomes of the BA (Hons.) Geography:
- PO1: Content Knowledge: Understand the key concepts, constructs and statistical techniques of core geographical concepts.
- PO2: Understanding of Theory: Identify theories and concepts from classical and contemporary geography theories.
- PO3: Communication Skills: Demonstrate the ability to enhance geographical knowledge to others.
- PO4: Research Skills: Develop an ability to use social scientific research methods to address geographical questions.
- PO5: Analytical Skills: Possess analytical skills in areas such as policy analysis, administration/ management, communication, quantitative analysis and problemsolving.
- PO6: Values in Geography: Apply a geographical perspective to analyze how social structure manifests itself in their own lives in order to actively participate in civic life.
- PO7: Assessment: Acquisition of in-depth understanding of the applied aspects of Geography as well as interdisciplinary subjects in everyday life.
- PO8: Entrepreneur Skills: The application of knowledge gained in the field of Geography in the classroom to the practical solving of societal problems.
Program Specific Outcomes of the BA (Hons.) Geography:
- PSO1: Acquiring Knowledge of Physical Geography.
- PSO2: Acquiring Knowledge of Human Geography.
- PSO3: Analyse the problems of physical as well as cultural environments