Combining theory and practice, the department offers you curricula for Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees (BJMC, MJMC, PGD and Ph.D.). The Mass Communication programmes at Sharda University, have been tailored to meet the needs of developing countries and that is what sets it apart.
All courses at the Department of Mass Communication aim to meet the needs of communication professionals working in various media outfits of the industry. It constantly makes efforts to innovate programmes in order to meet the challenges in the industry.
A student-run newspaper The Shardans and a student-run on campus radio station are channels only to prepare the students to work for newspapers, television and radio channels, broadcast and film production companies, public relation firms and advertising agencies. The students are exposed to individual research opportunities also.
The Department of Mass Communication strives to make the students industry-ready by providing them with a solid academic experience that balances both conceptual and practical courses, professional opportunities and multiple internships all of which are grounded in a foundation of ethics in a diverse and global society.
- To serve the society by being an internationally recognized school of higher learning in the field of media, films, and entertainment by means of academic excellence, innovation, outcome-based learning, and nurturing entrepreneurship
- To create a stimulating, flexible, and application-based learning environment for students as well as faculty.
- To provide the necessary platform to impart skills and knowledge related to media, film and entertainment industry.
- To create competent professionals by imparting a blend of theory and more practical lessons through state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- To Leverage research and innovation by forming strong industry-academia linkages.