About the Programme
B.A. Film & Television Production is a three-year undergraduate programme emphasising on the value of learning by practical exposure, informed by critical understanding. The programme offers the students an opportunity to acquire first-hand experience of creating various elements of film and television production from conceptualising, producing, writing, shooting to editing.
The programme trains students in the production of both fiction and documentary films. It provides students with an understanding of history and major movements of Indian and world cinema. This conducive programme also lays focus on developing student's skill set that is demanded of planning, managing, shooting and editing films of various genres, for different audiences.
Upon completion, the students become experts in all the aspects of film and television production processes including preproduction (conceptualising, developing and writing scripts), production (recording and shooting) and post-production (editing).
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Demonstrate professional, social and entrepreneurial skills related to the media, film and entertainment industry.
- PEO2: Support the media, filmandentertainment industry as the competent, trained and qualified workforce.
- PEO3:  Prove themselves as competent, trained, qualified technicians and filmmakers in the field of media higher studies, academia, communication research, innovative solutions in the broadcast anddigital media industry.
- PEO4: Make a difference in the advertising, corporate communication, film, television, OTT platforms, multimedia and audiovisual communication-related industries as competent, trained, qualified technicians and film-makers
Program Outcomes (POs)
- PO1:  Domain Knowledge in the field of Film Making, Television and OTT platforms: Apply the knowledge to fiction and non-fiction filmmaking, advertising and other disciplines of cinema, digital release andtelecast
- PO2:  Communication Skills: Exhibit high levels of verbal and non-verbal forms of contemporary communication skills.
- PO3:  Modern Tool Usage: Demonstrate skilled usage of modern tools and techniques to effectively communicate with the target audience.
- PO4:  Problem Solving Skills: Identify, formulate, research, and analyze the problems and reach logical conclusions and solutions to solve real-life problems and challenges.
- PO5:  Values, Ethics and Contribution to Society: Understand the importance of Values and Ethics in the field of Film making and Television Production and the morals of serving the society and community for sustainable development.
- PO6:  Leadership, Management and Entrepreneurial Traits: Display Team spirit and Inculcate Leadership Traits to contribute individually as well as in a team or group of media professionals.
- PO7: Innovation and Research Related Skills: Identify, formulate, research, and analyze the literature and problems and reach logical and innovative solutions and conclusions.
- PO8: Lifelong Learning: Develop intolifelong learner and consistently updating with current knowledge, skills and technologies.
Programme Specific Outcomes( PSO's)
- PSO1: Expertise in the field of Media, Film and Entertainment industry
- PSO2: Applied proficiency in the different disciplines of Mass Communication