About the Programme
B.A. Journalism & Mass Communication is a three-year undergraduate programme exclusively designed to prepare students for the continuously evolving media & communication industry. The programme outline is prepared to offer a perfect blend of theoretical knowledge and practical exposure to the students through subjects like reporting, editing, radio communication, creative writing, etc.
Throughout this programme, students are encouraged to prepare portfolios, short films and research projects in the form of assignments. Classroom and outdoor activities are conducted to enhance students’ media communication skills. Regular industrial interactions and news channel visits are planned to provide hands-on training/experience to the students. Extraordinary efforts are taken to improve speech & personality development of the students.
After completion of the programme, students can decide on continuing their academic education and opt for a master’s degree programme in journalism and mass communication.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Demonstrate Professional, Social and Entrepreneurial skills related to Journalism, Media and Entertainment industry.
- PEO2:  Support the Communication & Entertainment industry as competent, trained and qualified workforce.
- PEO3:  Prove themselves as competent, trained and qualified journalist in the Print, Broadcast & Digital Media Industry.
- PEO4:  Mark a difference in the Advertising, Events, Public Relations, Corporate Communication and related industries as competent, trained and qualified journalist.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Domain Knowledge in Mass Communication: Apply the knowledge of Broadcast, Print, Digital, Advertising, Journalism, Communication Research, and other disciplines of Mass Communication.
- PO2: Communication Skills: Exhibit high levels of verbal and non-verbal forms of communication skills within corporate and social working environments.
- PO3: Modern Tool Usage: Demonstrate skilled usage of modern tools and techniques to effectively communicate with masses.
- PO4: Problem Solving Skills: Show a sense of inquiry and investigation for raising relevant and contemporary problems, synthesizing and articulating them to solve live problems and
- PO5: Values, Ethics & Contribution to Society: Understand the importance of Values and Ethics in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication and the morals of serving the society and community for sustainable development.
- PO6: Leadership, Management and Entrepreneurial Traits: Display Team spirit and Inculcate Leadership Traits to contribute individually as well as in a team or group of media professionals.
- PO7: Innovation and Research Related Skills: Identify, formulate, research, and analyze the literature and problems and reach logical and innovative solutions and conclusions.
- PO8: Lifelong Learning: Develop into lifelong learner and consistently updating with current knowledge, skills and technologies.
- PSO1: Expertise in the field of Broadcast, Print, Electronic and Digital Journalism
- PSO2: Applied proficiency in the disciplines related to Mass Communication