About the Programme
Masters of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication is a two-year program exclusively designed to prepare students for continuously evolving media & communication industry. The program outline has a perfect blend of the theoretical & knowledge through practical exposure to the students. Students are encouraged to prepare portfolios short films and research projects as their assignments. Classroom & outdoor exercises are done to enhance their media communication skills. Regular Industrial interactions & news channels visits are planned to provide hands-on training/experience to the student. The program comprises of the concepts of news the role of journalism in society history of journalism skills in identifying the latest news and also covers political and social issues of the society.
After completion of the programme students can decide to pursue higher studies like PhD and M.Phil in Mass Communication & Journalism. They can also opt for UGC-NET or JRF.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:          Nurturing creative personnel by polishing their Social and Entrepreneurial skills relating to Journalism, Media and Entertainment industry.
- PEO2:          Create expert workforce in Broadcast Media (TV/Radio) industry.
- PEO3:          Create skilled professionals in Print Media/Online Media Industry.
- PEO4:          Create skilled professionals in Advertising, Events, Public Relations, Corporate Communication and related industries.
- PEO5:          Create expert workforce to serve as highly skilled professionals in Multimedia and Audio-Visual Communication fields.
- PEO6:          Prepare competent resource persons with expertise in Development Communication, Media Education, Communication Research and related fields.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:  Domain Knowledge in Mass Communication: Apply the knowledge of Broadcast, Print, Digital, Advertising, Journalism, Communication Research, and other disciplines of Mass Communication.
- PO2: Communication Skills: Exhibit high levels of verbal and non-verbal forms of communication skills within corporate and social working environments.
- PO3:  Innovation & Modern Tool Usage: Demonstrate skilled usage of modern tools and techniques to effectively communicate with masses.
- PO4:    Problem Solving Skills: Identity, formulate, research, and analyze the literature and problems and reach logical solutions and conclusions to solve live problems and challenges.
- PO5:  Values, Ethics & Contribution to Society: Understand the importance of Values and Ethics in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication and the morals of serving the society and community for sustainable development.
- PO6:    Leadership, Management, and Entrepreneurial Traits: Display Team spirit and Inculcate Leadership Traits to contribute individually as well as in a team or group of media professionals.