Life sciences are study of composition, structure and function of living forms and their interaction with environment. The scope of life sciences is wide and is one of the most promising areas of research. Life sciences enhance our understanding of nature of life, and provide new insights to diverse areas in biology such as disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prevention and cure. The acquired knowledge in Life sciences also helps us to combat various environmental issues, finding out ways of sustainable management, and biodiversity conservation, to name a few. Department of Life sciences offers undergraduate and or postgraduate courses in various disciplines such as Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Botany and Zoology.
- To acquire and impart knowledge of biology and bio-techniques so as to build capacity for addressing current global challenges
- To train and transform students into thinking researchers/ professionals who are able to integrate theoretical knowledge and analytical skills in diverse areas of Biotechnology.
- To make students and faculties updated with advance techniques and to introduce the students to dynamic environment of bioscience
- To conduct cutting-edge interdisciplinary research.
- To introduce various skill development courses thereby enhancing the employability and providing opportunities for industry-academia collaboration.