About the Programme
B.Sc. Zoology is a very promising programme which offers basic and advanced learning in one of the field of Life Sciences. The entire programme is structured as per the New Education Policy (2020-21) motivating students to pursue a three years “Bachelor in Zoology” degree or a four years “Bachelor (Research) in Zoology” degree. The students enrolled in the course will be acquainted initially with the elementary knowledge of animal kingdom and its diverse fields like parasitology, fisheries, entomology, ornithology, wild life, ecology etc. followed by an in-depth understanding of cellular and molecular happenings in each life forms which will help them initiate a holistic approach attitude. As the students’ advance during their course, they will find many sub specializations which will enable them to expand avenues in medical fields like virology, bacteriology and medical microbiology.
Addition of research component to this program will inculcate scientific orientation among the students right from the beginning.
- PEO1:      To create a foundation of various zoology concepts and phenomena in the minds of students through theoretical and practical knowledge.
- PEO2:      To keep students upgraded with new discoveries in biological world and inculcate continuous learning and self-improvement so that students are motivated for higher studies and research.
- PEO3:      To make the students to tackle detailed problem-solving and analytical tasks associated with pure and applied zoological questions, in areas that include evolution, ecology and conservation.
- PEO4:      Tomake students industry- or academia-ready by developing independent thinking, good communication and scientific skills and to acquaint them with professional ethics so that they can work well in an industrial or academic environment.
- PEO5:      To make students understand interdisciplinary nature of research in zoologyby assigning them different research projects/ case studies/ presentations.
- PO1: Knowledge:The student will have knowledge of the animals of the Earth and provide valuable insight for wise management of the planet’s resources.
- PO2: Skill Set Development:The student will be skilledin the observation and study of nature, biological techniques, experimental skills and scientific investigation.
- PO3: Oral Communication and Scientific Writing:The students will be able to demonstrate good oral communication. Students will also be knowledgeable about writing technical (project report, assignments and reviews) content.
- PO4: Environment and Sustainable Development:The student will be able to recognizing the essential roles of science and biology in the lives of citizens today and tomorrow and the valuable insight for wise management of the planet’s resources.
- PO5: Ethics, Independent Thinking and Team Work:The student will be able to focus on "real world" relationships and dependencies among the phenomena and processes will give character to any location or place