About the Programme
B.Sc. (Hons) in Microbiology is a three-year undergraduate programme imparting comprehensive knowledge to the students in various areas of microbiology to meet the demand of industry & academia.
The coursework includes core microbiology and interdisciplinary subjects combined with essential multiple laboratory programs and a research project leading to the dissertation. A multidisciplinary approach is the essence of the programme which is achieved by offering open electives. The students will be introduced to fundamental research on the physiology biochemistry cell biology evolution ecology and clinical aspects related to microorganisms including the host response to these agents.
B.Sc. (H) in Microbiology programme enlightens students with the evolutionary relationships between microbes and their habitats. In addition the programme also prepares the students to develop a sense of identification towards the agents of infectious diseases and devise ways to combat them
- PEO1:      To create a foundation of various Microbiological concepts and phenomena in the minds of students through theoretical and practical knowledge.
- PEO2:      To keep students upgraded with new discoveries in Microbial world and inculcate continuous learning and self-improvement so that students are motivated for higher studies and research.
- PEO3:      To make the students to tackle detailed problem-solving and analytical tasks associated with pure and applied Microbiological questions, in areas that include evolution, ecology and conservation.
- PEO4:      Tomake students industry- or academia-ready by developing independent thinking, good communication and scientific skills and to acquaint them with professional ethics so that they can work well in an industrial or academic environment.
- PEO5:      To make students understand interdisciplinary nature of research in Microbiology. by assigning them different research projects/ case studies/ presentations.
- PO1: Knowledge:The student will have knowledge of the animals of the Earth and provide valuable insight for wise management of the planet’s resources.
- PO2: Skill Set Development:The student will be skilledin the observation and study of nature, biological techniques, experimental skills and scientific investigation.
- PO3: Oral Communication and Scientific Writing:The students will be able to demonstrate good oral communication. Students will also be knowledgeable about writing technical (project report, assignments and reviews) content.
- PO4: Environment and Sustainable Development:The student will be able to recognizing the essential roles of science and biology in the lives of citizens today and tomorrow and the valuable insight for wise management of the planet’s resources.
- PO5: Ethics, Independent Thinking and Team Work:The student will be able to focus on "real world" relationships and dependencies among the phenomena and processes will give character to any location or place.