About the Programme
B.Des Interior Design is a four-year undergraduate programme that focuses on providing professional training in the development of creative design solutions for interior spaces through project-based learning. Aspirants of this programme will learn to design through a range of design briefs from the conceptual to real-life situations. In addition, the students’ will be provided with technical tools such as AutoCAD, hand-drawing, and model making, as well as verbal presentation skills.
The programme provides students with real-world experience and insight into career options, through award-winning practitioners as tutors. In addition, it also offers the opportunity of promotion of students’ project in prominent public settings. Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to conceptualise and develop designs through expertise in spatial thinking and detailed resolution.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Graduates will acquire the basic knowledge about the evolution of design as a  distinct body of knowledge.
- PEO2: Graduates will demonstrate profound design thinking and managerial decision-making abilities based on ethical and professional standards.
- PEO3: Graduates will work on global trends and environmental issues using  technology as a successful creative entrepreneur.
- PEO4: Graduates will pursue higher studies to become successful academicians and  lead researchers.
Proposed Program Objectives (PO)
- PO1: Design knowledge:  Apply the knowledge of Design fundamentals, Design specialization to the solution of  complex Design problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis:  Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Design problems  reaching substantiated conclusions using elements and principles of art and Design through  empirical & historical research.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions:  Design solutions for complex Design problems, design components and processes that meet  the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, cultural,  societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:  Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design explorations,  interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide qualitative conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Select, apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern industrial Design techniques and  digital tools including forecast and modelling to complex Design activities with an  understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 : The design engineering and society:  Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety,  legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional  Design practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability:  Understand the impact of the professional Design solutions in societal and environmental  contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 : Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of  the Design practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 : Communication:  Communicate effectively on complex Design activities with the Design community and with  society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance:  Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Design, management principles and apply  these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Interior and product design practice: To design products and spaces fulfilling human needs and solving challenges through use of contemporary technology and imaginative abilities.
- PSO2: Fashion design practice: To integrate the knowledge of design & critical thinking in the domain of fashion and textiles  with business & professional practices
- PSO3: Communication design practice:  To be able to demonstrate knowledge of representational processes using visual as well as digital and new media as mediums of representation.