Department of Design established in 2012 at Sharda university, as a multi-disciplinary department has been working tirelessly towards creating global design citizens.Holding their hands, driving them towards innovation through future aligned design thinking & design process, with continuous industry interactions through experiential project based learning.Its aim is to establish Sharda as a premier centre of Design education, where Students are surrounded with an environment of design intuitively based on strenuous research with an aim of developing a new generation of designers, who not only fill the gap of creative entrepreneurs but integrate social and environmental concern to become responsible designers with a mission of
- Industry-based learning within the classroom projects as the core of practical teaching, which will include continuous interaction with industries and industry experts to train students as confident Professionals for the future who are initiators & leaders.
- RSP as research projects based on complete business model by studying, analysing crafts, connecting business with social impacts while exploring to the maximum and putting them on the forefront of the competitive design industry. Create craft-based design patents from RSPs as well as convert craft documentation into Publications & sources of innovation, combining craftsmanship with technology.
- Sharda Design centre, used as a vehicle to connect industry with students, business with fresh minds and an instrument to establish Sharda as a multi-disciplinary design interaction centre.
- To be at the Centre of Excellence in Art & Design Education to shape future-ready professionals catering the needs of the design industry and the society
- To create a global center of innovation and excellence in art and design industry.
- Promoting in-depth research in art and design studies for sustainable practices.
- To inculcate critical, analytical, cognitive, speculative and creative problem-solving skills.
- To develop a sense of social and professional ethics and values.
- To develop the essence of craftsmanship, future technological and vocational skills.