1. The School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University has organized a guest lecture for Architecture Students on Planning and Design of Airport Buildings.By :Ar. Kalpana Sethi ( Ex. Executive Director, Planning & Design, Airport Authority of India, AAI)
2. The School of Architecture & Planning, Sharda University has organized a special lecture on LIGHTING by Havells India Ltd.
Topics covered -Lighting layouts, types of luminaries, Designing Prospectus/Criterion, Calculation of Lux/Lumens, pertaining to NBC/IS codes guidelines.
1) Shreya Bajaj from Havells India
2) Anil Bhasin from Havells India
3) Anshul Nasa from Havells India
Dated:- 26th Sept. 2016
3. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP) has organized special lectures on INTERIOR DESIGN and RESORT DESIGN for Third year students of B.Arch.as a part of their design exercise
-Ar. R.K. Jhingan (Graduate of School of Architecture & Planning Delhi, is a pioneer and leading Architect in the field of landscape and Resort design, retired as the Director, landscape from Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
-Ar. Ruchika Mittal (Principal Architect of ASID Consultants, Jasola; Graduated from TVB School of Habitat Studies Delhi, has almost 21 years of experience. )
Date: 19th Oct 2016
4. Schools of Architecture and Planning (SAP) Sharda University has organized a Guest Lecture on Buddhist Architecture of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam, for Second Year students of B. Arch to extend their understanding and appreciation of Buddhist Architecture in Southeast Asia.
Guest Speaker: Ar. Vikram Lall (Partner and Principal Architect at Lall and Associates, consultant in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Urban Design, Town Planning, Interior Design, Structural Design, Valuation and Design Management).
Date : 4th Nov 2016
5. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), SHARDA UNIVERSITY has organized a special lecture on Healthcare Architecture for Fourth-year students of B.Arch.
Healthcare architecture has assumed great importance in recent years.
By : Ar. K.K. Mitra
Dated : 9th Nov.2016
6. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University has organised a guest lecture on Identity and Meaning in Architecture for Third and Fourth Year students of B.Arch.
The lecture aims at extending students understanding and appreciation of Architecture as a discipline and profession.
Guest Speaker: Ar. Sudipto Ghosh
Date: 11th Nov.2016
7. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University organized an interactive lecture on DESIGN AND FRACTAL ARCHITECTURE on 6th Jan. 2017 by Ar. Vandana Shourie (renowned Artist & Architect, S.P.A. Delhi) for First year students of B. Arch.
The lecture aims at making the students familiar with the architectural design process, sensitizing them to be more observant to their surroundings and promoting it as a basic creative instinct to design.
8. Guest Lecture on Architecture Building Materials by Team of Experts from Mahaphant Fibre-Cement South Asia Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai was organised by School of Architecture and Planning at Sharda University on 6th January 2016
Seminars & Conferences
1. Sharda University celebrated 85th Birth Anniversary of our 11th President Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam as INNOVATION DAY on 15th October, 2016.
Benefitting to the Character of this great Scientist it was planned to remember Dr. Kalam through an Exhibition on Innovation, Special Lecture by Sh. Rajesh Kumar and Prof. S.M. Akhtar, A Film and a Quiz on him,
2. School of Architecture and planning, Sharda University has organized a Series of seminars for Thesis students of B. Arch. on Concept Formulation, Development and Presentation technique. on 12th Feb2016
A series of Seminar was organised for IVth year Thesis Students. Each session was addressed by two Eminent Speakers from the academics and practice.The first session scheduled on 12th February, 2016 from 10:00 am onwards.
1. Prof. Vandana Shourie, Architect, Painter, Art Critic, VF in SPAD,
2. Ar. Vikas Jain, Practicing Architect, VF in SPAD.
- Concept Formulation
- Presentation Technique
3. Origami Workshop, Nov 2016
School of Architecture and Planning organized ORIGAMI WORKSHOP on 5th Nov 16 for the students of B. Arch. to enhance their visualization and form development skills.
Origami workshop aimed at helping student unleash their inner creative potential through having fun with the medium of paper craft making.
The workshop was conducted by Ms. Amandeep Kaur (Vice President, Origami Oritai) and Ms. Indrani Pal (Treasurer, Origami Oritai).
4. Hands-On-Training Model Making Workshop, Feb 2016
SAP organized Architectural Model Making Hands-on-Training Workshop at Sharda University on Feb 16,2016 Conducted by: Ar. Sumit Ghosh and his model making team with hands on session for students in February and March.
5. Bricks And Metal Workshop, March 2016
School of Architecture and Planning, Sharda University has organized a two days workshop on BRICKS AND METAL SCULPTURES at Sharda University on 8th and 9th of March 2016.for Ist and IInd year B.Arch students .The workshop was conducted by Experts Mr. Rinku Chouhan and Mr Phaneendra Nath.
6. AAKRITI Workshops, Feb 2015
Seven workshops were organized for all SAP students at Sharda University with experts from industry making sculptures, paintings and models live from different materials. To teach them the properties and working techniques of various materials
- Bamboo by Mr. Raja Deori
- Metal Sculpture by Mr. Ravinder Verma
- Collage & Graffiti by Mr. Dattatraya Apte
- Tensile Structure by Mr. Kharbanda
- Photography by Ms. CP Rashmi
- Graphic Designer by Mr. Satvinder Walia
- Short Film making by Mr. Dev Mehra respectively.
- Convener Ar. Richa Malik
7. PANEL DISCUSSION Zonal Nasa at SAP, SU, Sep 2015
As a part of ZONASA, panel discussions on the following topics were organized by SAP, Sharda
- What is Smart about Smart Cities by Eminent speakers Ar. H.B.Singh, Ar. Ashish Gupta, Ar. Shilpa Jain, Ar. Vibhor Mukul Singh
- Defining Indian Architecture, is it possible by Eminent speakers Ar. Sanjay Kanvinde, Ar. Arunabha Das Gupta, Ar. Tapan Chakraborty, Ar.Sudhar Nath Segal followed by a students debate.