About the Programme
The Bachelor of Communication Design is a four-year undergraduate programme that focuses on the skill of transforming informative, persuasive, and entertaining information into dynamic images that drive viewers to take action. Students are exposed to a wide range of verticals in the field of communication design, including UI/UX, web design, graphics, cinema, and animation., branding, advertising, publications, product packaging and many more.
Students graduate with the skills of creativity, visualisation, design, and attention to detail needed to create unique user experiences. Students obtain the capacity to comprehend communication design across a wide range of media, preparing them for the difficulties of a fast-paced, ever-changing industry. Students investigate the importance of communication in a commercial setting and learn how to successfully respond to design challenges.
Students obtain experience in new specialisations such as Game Designing, Graphic Designing, VFX Design, and more, from building apps to signage, illustrated books to animation films, magazine layouts to e-books.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Graduates will acquire the basic knowledge about the evolution of design as a  distinct body of knowledge.
- PEO2: Graduates will demonstrate profound design thinking and managerial decision-making abilities based on ethical and professional standards.
- PEO3: Graduates will work on global trends and environmental issues using  technology as a successful creative entrepreneur.
- PEO4: Graduates will pursue higher studies to become successful academicians and  lead researchers.
Proposed Program Objectives (PO)
- PO1: Design knowledge:  Apply the knowledge of Design fundamentals, Design specialization to the solution of  complex Design problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis:  Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Design problems  reaching substantiated conclusions using elements and principles of art and Design through  empirical & historical research.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions:  Design solutions for complex Design problems, design components and processes that meet  the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, cultural,  societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems:  Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design explorations,  interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide qualitative conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Select, apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern industrial Design techniques and  digital tools including forecast and modelling to complex Design activities with an  understanding of the limitations.
- PO6 : The design engineering and society:  Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety,  legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional  Design practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability:  Understand the impact of the professional Design solutions in societal and environmental  contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8 : Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of  the Design practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10 : Communication:  Communicate effectively on complex Design activities with the Design community and with  society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance:  Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Design, management principles and apply  these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Interior and product design practice: To design products and spaces fulfilling human needs and solving challenges through use of contemporary technology and imaginative abilities.
- PSO2: Fashion design practice: To integrate the knowledge of design & critical thinking in the domain of fashion and textiles  with business & professional practices
- PSO3: Communication design practice:  To be able to demonstrate knowledge of representational processes using visual as well as digital and new media as mediums of representation.