The advent of Computer Science in the second half of the last century bloomed into Information Technology (IT).
The Department of Computer Science is envisioned to prepare competent, creative and innovative Computer Scientists who would be capable of meeting the challenges in the corporate environment. With the strength of qualified Computer experts, the department aspires to play a lead role in the national vision of creating a futuristic knowledge economy through creativity and innovation in Information and Knowledge Technologies.
Our competent and highly qualified faculty are committed to helping our students in improving and enhancing their analytical thinking ability and creativity, and in understanding the professional issues related to ethics, professional conduct, economics, societal needs and their role in the technologically globalized world. The department is committed to foster a creative and innovative research environment.
The department enjoys the full patronage of the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, and the director of the School of Engineering (SET) where it is housed presently.
- To be recognized as the fountainhead of excellence in technical knowledge and research in computer science and engineering to attract students and scholars across the globe
- To strengthen core competency of students to be a successful, ethical, effective problem solver in Computer Science & Engineering through analytical learning.
- To promote interdisciplinary research & innovation-based activities in emerging areas of technology globally
- To facilitate and foster the industry-academia collaboration to enhance entrepreneurship skills and acquaintance with corporate culture.
- To inculcate in them a higher degree of social consciousness and moral values towards solving interdisciplinary societal problems using industry-academia collaboration