About the Programme
B.Tech in Computer Science in IOT & application imparts firm foundation in computer science wireless communication and computer networks. The programme aims to train students with systematic professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the fields of computer technology communications networks and IT that provides a wide range of applications in the Internet of Things.
The programme equips students with strong skill for sensor network design and network planning for IoT. The topics include- Introduction to IoT Understanding IoT in Market perspective Data and Knowledge Management and use of Devices in IoT Technology Understanding IoT Architecture and the application of IOT in various technologies.
This programme aims to train students to be equipped with a solid theoretical foundation systematic professional knowledge and strong practical skills in the fields of computer technology communications networks and IT that provides a wide range of applications in the Internet of Things.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:  Engineering knowledge:  Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:  Problem analysis:  Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3:  Design/development of solutions:  Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4:  Conduct investigations of complex problems:  Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:  Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:  The engineer and society:  Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7:  Environment and sustainability:  Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8:  Ethics:  Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9:  Individual and team work:  Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10:  Communication:  Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11:  Project management and finance:  Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12:  Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1:  Experiment and prepare programming concepts and provide new ideas and innovations towards research and societal issues.
- PSO2:  Analyse and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, cloud computing, artificial intelligence & machine learning, bioinformatics, big data analytics, block chain, cyber security and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
- PSO3:  Apply standard Software Engineering practices and strategies in software project development using open-source programming environment to deliver a quality product for business success.