About the Programme
M. Tech CSE Data Science is a two-year post-graduate programme with an objective to impart knowledge on techniques and theories related to data science which includes statistics, data mining, data warehousing and data visualisation. The programme enables students to apply the knowledge of computing techniques and tools in the field of Big Data for solving real world problems encountered in various industries.
This programme is useful for students who wish to develop and utilise their skills to achieve a thorough knowledge of data science and engineering. Some of these are the ability to aggregate interpret and manage a large amount of heterogeneous data resources independent of the hardware and software resources. The programme consists of the modules to be learnt as compulsory electives along with core subjects of computer science and engineering. Few of them include:
- Data Acquisition and Production
- Machine Learning.
- Mathematical and statistical Techniques in Computer science
- Soft Computing Techniques
- Analysis and Design of algorithm.
- Image and Video Analysis
- Massive and Graphic Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Advanced Web Analytics
- Deep Learning and Web
- Health Care and Analytics
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Advanced Technical Knowledge Ability to apply advanced knowledge of mathematical, scientific and computing to carry out independent research and investigate complex problems of global benchmark.
- PO2: Research and Development Achieve and understand research-based solutions for problems in industry and academia using contemporary research methods.
- PO3: Pedagogy Enables academic adherence by practice of method and environment for teaching which is incorporated within the curriculum enabling life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education, professional and doctoral level studies.
- PO4: Innovation and Entrepreneurial Inculcate innovative approaches to develop solutions towards existing real-world problem(s) to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
-   PO5: Societal Values Inculcating the human, social and business context while knowledge discovery by providing exposure to global view and diversity in the world and will utilize their engineering skills.
- PO6: Personal and Professional Ethics Recognize the need of ethical, legal and societal implications to engage in self-governing and lifelong learning by making use of professional principles.
- PO7: Communication Skills Ability to develop communication skills so that they are able to express ideas clearly and persuasively, in written and oral forms in a substantial technical manner.
- PO8: Life-long learning Ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of research and technological change with the aim to educate the society and peers.
- PSO1: Software Engineering To apply the software engineering principles and practices to provide high quality software solutions using state of art technologies.
- PSO2: Data Science & Analytics To develop research solutions in the field of data engineering by using modern tools to provide innovative solutions for complex data science problems.
- PSO3: Networking and Cyber Security To apply networking principles to understand cyber security issues and provides solutions to real world security problems