The Department of Civil Engineering is part of the university since its inception. The Department has grown tremendously over the years and is now recognized as one of the major engineering department in the university. Department of Civil Engineering believes that excellence flourishes in an environment that embrace the broadest range of people, high quality that helps them to achieve their full potential.
Faculty of Civil Engineering aims to enrich the experience of students by cooperating with and assisting them in the realization of their educational goals especially as these involve their life-long learning and career development. The Department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with the infrastructural industry and academic and research institutions both within and outside the country. Department is actively involved in basic and applied research and also maintaining a capacity to respond selectively to new fields of research as they emerge.
Beside high-quality teaching and practical cognizance, the department focuses on research on both UG and PG level and also caters to the needs of technical advisory and consultancy. Also emphasizing on research publications and related professional contributions in defining the career expectations of students.
The Department of Civil Engineering offers the best and well-equipped labs for experimentation and research works. Specialization offered at masters level has global exposure in terms of employability like Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Management, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resource Engineering.
With all the faculties and conducive research, environment department ensures that graduates are educated in the broadest sense of the term, with the ability to think clearly, judge objectively, and contribute constructively to society.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To become a globally known and recognized destination for technical, innovation, entrepreneurship and research excellence and transfer its achievements for the larger good of the society.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To create facility to integrate research, quality education, ethical values and professional service in the areas related to civil infrastructure and environmental engineering.
- To provide industry and academia with outstanding graduates, entrepreneurs and scholars who advance both engineering practice and fundamental knowledge and play a leadership role.
- To create a centre of higher learning and innovation equipped with befitting infrastructure and faculty to attract the students from across nations to use niche facilities for the societal symbiosis.
- To enrich graduates through experimental learning and motivate them for self-learning to provide solutions to the industry and society.
- PEO 1. Graduates will develop into proficient resources in the fundamentals of Engineering & Technology with analytical and quantitative reasoning and design abilities to pursue higher education and research.
- PEO 2. Graduates will excel as entrepreneurs, outstanding research graduates through continuous enhancement of communication skills, research capabilities, professional networking and life-long learning.
- PEO 3. Graduates will apply the skills in developing safe, innovative, sustainable, environmentally conscious and economical solutions to Civil Engineering problems with the help of modern tool usage and maintaining the professional integrity and ethics.
- PEO 4. Graduates will grow personally and professionally in the careers through continued development of technical and managerial skills and will prepare themselves to take various roles and responsibilities at global level to imprint their presence for the larger good of the society.