The Department of Education at Sharda University strives to prepare students who would be leaders in their classrooms, effective practitioners in their particular field, and lifelong learners. The faculty of the Department is committed to enriching the lives of the students of the diverse national and international communities through collaborative, transformative approaches to educational research and research-led teaching.
The Department believes that high-quality student experience is eminent; it has been and always will be our topmost priority. Sharda University's Department of Education boosts of its fully equipped labs and other facilities. The Department provides excellent, encouraging teacher education which empowers educators and researchers to improve the landscape of education.
The objectives of the Department of Education are to enable prospective teachers to:
- Appreciate the historical legacy and cultural diversity of India and infer its implication for shaping the aims and processes of education.
- Develop an understanding of individual variations.
- Develop sensitivity towards children with special needs and competencies to provide differential intervention for inclusive education.
- Strengthen the human and non-human environment for learning and promoting maximum pupil achievement.
- Encourage the effective use of instructional technology to enhance learning.
- Apply the principles and the knowledge of research to develop, implement and evaluate appropriate instruction.
- Become a reflective practitioner and an action researcher.
- Prepare students for effective leadership roles in school and education institutions.
- Develop an understanding of the pedagogical processes and critical issues related to teaching-learning.