About the Programme
M.Sc. in Chemistry is a two-year postgraduate programme designed to impart in-depth knowledge and mastery in Chemistry with flexibility and choices. The programme comprises of four semesters with 93 credits.
M.Sc. Chemistry programme is designed to give insights in specific aspects of Chemistry based on the interest of the students who can suitably build a career in industry academics or research. The programme comprises three core practical courses in addition to the introduction to MATLAB & its application and Renewable Energy Sources - Solar And Hydrogen Energy (included as generic electives). The programme includes sub-disciplines of analytical, inorganic, organic and physical chemistry Electrochemistry, Material Science, Photochemistry, Environmental, Medicinal Chemistry, Organometallic Chemistry and more. The term courses also include a dissertation a research-based thesis project enhancing the students understanding.  Community connect and open elective have been included as skill enhancement courses.
With a fine balance between - deep theoretical learning, intellectual exposure, hands-on experience, field-trips and laboratory practicals the students gain wholesome development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:  To prepare students for advanced studies in Chemistry and its allied fields.
- PEO2:  To help students understand the value of advanced characterization techniques by gaining the knowledge of spectroscopy, chromatography and chemistry of natural products.
- PEO3: To expose the students to the practical aspects of chemistry by means of qualitative, quantitative and advance instrumental methods.
- PEO4: To develop the ability to communicate scientific information in written and oral formats.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Gained knowledge, abilities and insight in well-defined area of research within Chemistry.
- PO2: Competency to work effectively and safely in a laboratory environment.
- PO3: Developed communication skills, both written and oral, for specific for specialized audiences.
- PO4: Acquired the skills of planning and conducting advanced chemical experiments and applying structural-chemical characterization techniques.
- PSO1: Global level research opportunities to pursue Ph.D. programme and target the CSIR – NET examination.
- PSO2: Explain the properties of metal Complexes and Transition Elements.
- PSO3: Use spectrophotometer to find out the allowedness and analysis of  known and unknown organic, inorganic and natural compounds through UV, IR NMR and Mass data.
- PSO4: The broad education necessary to understand the impact of chemical solutions in a global and societal context.