School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
The ambiance at School of Engineering and Technology (SET) is inspiring and conducive for acquisition of knowledge and honing of skills. An unfettered spirit of knowledge and exploration, academic integrity and accountability, and promotion of intellectual excellence makes SET distinct from other engineering institutes.
- The school welcomes everyone with the ability and ambition to succeed.
- Preparing students for their future careers.
- Our focus is developing students for their chosen field and we have a rich tradition of delivering courses in subject areas such as science, engineering, technologies, mathematics.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to:
- Apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and technology.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Work with modern engineering instrumentation, software and hardware.
- Communicate effectively with different levels of people in the workplace.
- Recognize the need for life-long learning, and cultivate the aptitude and capacity to do so.
- Identify the social, cultural and environmental responsibilities of a business organization, and to apply sustainable development principle in decision making.
- Demonstrate values and ethics that will enhance participation as players in business organizations and loyal citizens.
The hands-on-skills of the students are developed in the laboratories of SET that are well equipped with the latest equipments and the students are trained by performing experiments. The School’s most important priority is to increase its specialized teaching and research space to match the industrial needs.
The School’s 250 faculty members and the professional staff work hard to hold a high standard of excellence. With the strong support of faculty and professional staff, the SET is poised to emerge and also contribute significantly to global challenges.
- 13 years
- M.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics)
12.5 years of research & teaching
- 25 years of research experience in the field of plant tissue culture technology, Separation Technology, Molecular Biotechnology, Technology developed for the sustainable development of rural people in UP, cultivation of Medicinal & Aromatic plants, wasteland development, pharmacognostic studies of crude drugs and phytochemical analysis of medicinal & aromatic plants as well as crude drugs.
- 19 years of teaching experience and presently working as Head, Department of Biotechnology.
- Worked as a Scientist in IIT (Delhi) & All India Institutes of Medical & Sciences (AIIMS) under different projects since 1999.
- Achieved different fellowship awarded by ICAR and CSIR.
- 4 years industrial experience in working as Pharmacognosist in Homeopathic drug industry.
- Working as Editor of several journals of National & international standard
- Post Doc research from IIT , Delhi
- Two Years Degree Course in ASSOCIATESHIP IN INFORMATION SCIENCE (AISC DEGREE) conducted by Indian National Scientific & Documentation Centre (INSDOC) CSIR New Delhi.
- Ph.D (Calcutta Univ.)
- M.Sc (Cal univ.)
- B.Sc (Hons) Presidency College, Cal Univ.
- 18 Years
- PhD ( Mechanical Engineering)
Working since July 2010
- 44 years
45 years of experience
- Professor of Biotechnology & Head of Centre, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Amity University, Noida (2008-2015).
- Consultant (Fellow), Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, CSIR, Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (2006-2007).
- Deputy Director (Scientist F), Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and In-charge (Centre for Biochemical Technology)Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (2004-2006).
- Scientist E-II, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and In-charge (Centre for Biochemical Technology), Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (1998-2004).
- Scientist E-I, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and In-charge (Centre for Biochemical Technology), Mall Road, Delhi University Campus, Delhi (1993-1998).
- Scientist E-I and Project Leader, Central Drug Research Institute, (C.S.I.R.), Lucknow, U.P (1992-1993).
- Scientist C (Biochemistry) and Project Leader, Division of Pharmaceutics Central Drug Research Institute, (C.S.I.R.), Lucknow, U.P. (1984-1992).
- Scientist C (Biochemistry) and Project Leader, Division of Biochemistry, Regional Research Laboratory (C.S.I.R.), Jorhat (1982-1984).
- Assistant Professor of Biochemistry, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Centre of Post Graduate Studies/ Manipur University, Imphal (1980-1982).
- Senior Research Officer (Biochemistry) , WHO Centre for Research and Training in Human Reproduction and Department of Reproductive Biology, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi (1975-1980).
- Pool-Officer and Post-Doc, WHO Centre for Research and Training in Human Reproduction and Department of Reproductive Biology, All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi (1974-1975).
- Post-Doc, Department of Biochemistry, University of California, USA (1973-1974)
- Post-Doc, Department of Chemistry University of Delhi, Delhi (Jan 1973-Jun 1973)
- PhD, University of Delhi (1970-1973)
- MSc, Roorkee University (IIT Roorkee) (1967-1970)
- BSc, Punjab University (1963-1967)
- Sr. Research Fellow Sep. 1969 – July 1970 Department of Electrical Engg, University of Roorkee
- Lecturer July 1970 – May 1975 Department of Electrical Engg, University of Roorkee
- Reader May 1975 – Feb. 1980 Department of Electrical Engg, University of Roorkee
- R & D Manager Feb. 1980 – Feb. 1982, Universal Electrics Ltd., Faridabad
- Professor Feb. 1982 – June 2012 Department of Electrical Engg, University of Roorkee/IIT Roorkee
- Distinguished Professor Since July 2012 Department of Electrical and Electronic Engg. School of Engineering and Technology Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Ph.D, Protection/Static Protective Relays
- M.E. (Hons.), Electrical Engineering (PSE)
- B. E., Electrical Engineering
- 42 years
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture