School of Engineering and Technology (SET)
The ambiance at School of Engineering and Technology (SET) is inspiring and conducive for acquisition of knowledge and honing of skills. An unfettered spirit of knowledge and exploration, academic integrity and accountability, and promotion of intellectual excellence makes SET distinct from other engineering institutes.
- The school welcomes everyone with the ability and ambition to succeed.
- Preparing students for their future careers.
- Our focus is developing students for their chosen field and we have a rich tradition of delivering programmes in subject areas such as science, engineering, technologies, mathematics.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to:
- Apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and technology.
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Work with modern engineering instrumentation, software and hardware.
- Communicate effectively with different levels of people in the workplace.
- Recognize the need for life-long learning, and cultivate the aptitude and capacity to do so.
- Identify the social, cultural and environmental responsibilities of a business organization, and to apply sustainable development principle in decision making.
- Demonstrate values and ethics that will enhance participation as players in business organizations and loyal citizens.
The hands-on-skills of the students are developed in the laboratories of SET that are well equipped with the latest equipments and the students are trained by performing experiments. The School’s most important priority is to increase its specialized teaching and research space to match the industrial needs.
The School’s 250 faculty members and the professional staff work hard to hold a high standard of excellence. With the strong support of faculty and professional staff, the SET is poised to emerge and also contribute significantly to global challenges.
The goal of school, guided by the vision, is to provide transformational education that produces skilled workforce, researchers and innovators of tomorrow with intellectual and technological resources. Our commitment and dedication is to focus on experiential, cooperative and project based learning that allows our students to continue to adapt, grow and succeed in solving real world problems. The school thrives to establish partnership with industries, government organizations, & academia and to become collaborative community of faculties, students, staff and alumni to fulfil societal needs with professional ethics. The school is proactively involved in Outcome Based Education & Choice Based Credit System to enhance inter-disciplinary competence and leadership skills among our students in the global perspective.
The School of Engineering Technology is comprised of five departments – Bio-Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical and Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Each department is having undergraduate, postgraduate & Ph.D programs and is also running different domain specific specialized programs to fulfil needs of skilled professionals as per market demand.
SET is having excellent learning environment with multimedia driven lecture halls including lecture capturing facility and State-of-the-art laboratories and other facilities to support student learning, faculty research and academic success throughout all our academic programs. Many of these labs and centres of excellence are having collaborations with industries. The school runs different foundation/bridge courses that are required to fill the gaps among students coming from diversity and geographical areas and create strong foundation.
Our experienced faculties from premier institutes bring a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the classroom. Their vast industry and teaching experience coupled with their research, and skill based training by industry experts allows our students to not only receive professional teaching but the opportunity to work alongside their faculties on research areas of their interest.
SET is also having very good Industry Academia linkages with industries/associations like IBM, Inurture, Aries Communications, Aruba, Tech Mahindra, NASSCOM, NSDC, Savitri Telecom Services etc. apart from academic tie-ups with top global Universities.
The school facilitate students in creating different clubs and societies/student’s-chapters at school/department level under the supervision of faculties for their holistic development through Experiential Learning. Students are helped in organizing different extra-curricular, technical activities and industrial visit etc. where all students can participate fulfil their dreams and broaden their horizons outside classrooms. School also offer to fund student’s projects under university project funding policy, support students in higher studies and in different time bounded International exchange programs with leading Global universities abroad under credit transfer system.
For more information, I request you to peruse our website and go through at what we offer and to learn more about our departments and programs
- Working as Asst Professor in Sharda University from Nov.2017 to till date
- Worked as Assistant Professor at MAIT, New Delhi from July 2016 to Oct 2017.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at IILM, Gr. Noida from Jan 2007 to June 2016.
- Worked as Sr. Lecturer at GTBIT Delhi from March 2003 to Dec 2006.
- Worked as Lecturer in RGIT Gwalior From July 1999 to July 2001.
- Worked as Software Engineer in Sun Soft Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai From Aug 1998 to June 1999
- Worked as Lecturer in MITS Gwalior From Dec 1997 to Jul 1998 .
- Ph.D. (Pursuing), Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Rajasthan
- M.Tech ,( Information Technology) ,IIT ROORKEE(2001-2003)
- B.E,(CSE) Jiwaji University, GWALIOR (1994-1997)
12.5 years of research & teaching
Prof. (Dr.) Nitin Rakesh is experienced in Academics and Industry Relations & Interactions. He is having 7+ years of Post Research Experience. He is almost having 12+ years of industrial relationing and academizations experience. He is handling 10+ years with various Leadership positions.
- PhD in Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in the field of Network Coding.
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering in the area of Network on Chip
- B.Tech in Information Technology.
- 25 years of research experience in the field of plant tissue culture technology, Separation Technology, Molecular Biotechnology, Technology developed for the sustainable development of rural people in UP, cultivation of Medicinal & Aromatic plants, wasteland development, pharmacognostic studies of crude drugs and phytochemical analysis of medicinal & aromatic plants as well as crude drugs.
- 19 years of teaching experience and presently working as Head, Department of Biotechnology.
- Worked as a Scientist in IIT (Delhi) & All India Institutes of Medical & Sciences (AIIMS) under different projects since 1999.
- Achieved different fellowship awarded by ICAR and CSIR.
- 4 years industrial experience in working as Pharmacognosist in Homeopathic drug industry.
- Working as Editor of several journals of National & international standard
- Post Doc research from IIT , Delhi
- Two Years Degree Course in ASSOCIATESHIP IN INFORMATION SCIENCE (AISC DEGREE) conducted by Indian National Scientific & Documentation Centre (INSDOC) CSIR New Delhi.
- Ph.D (Calcutta Univ.)
- M.Sc (Cal univ.)
- B.Sc (Hons) Presidency College, Cal Univ.
- 18 Years
- PhD ( Mechanical Engineering)
- 13 years
- B.Tech.(Electronics & Communication)
- 18+ Years in Teaching
- M. Tech(CSE)
Working since July 2010
- 44 years
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture
After spending 3 years in the college and its campus, I can say that Sharda is my second home and its true what they say; the world is here at Sharda University. Studying in Sharda has helped me growBenjamin Varghese B.Arch