About the Programme
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:  Graduates will be able to integrate the physical, biological, and mathematical sciences with engineering principles for the study of biological systems and medical health-related problems
- PEO2:  Graduates will demonstrate the applications of biotechnology and Genetic Engineering principles through the development of processes related to crop improvement and health care.
- PEO3:  Graduates will adapt to and update with rapidly changing biotechnologies through self-improvement with continuous learning about the impact of technology and engineering solutions on the society and environment.
- PEO4:  Graduates will develop a research-oriented approach towards various biological areas and develop solutions to various problems related to the environment and society.
- PEO5:  Graduates will develop leadership skills at levels appropriate to their experience and perform ethically and professionally in business, academia, industry and society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:   Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO2:   Knowledge and Skill Set: Students will become proficient in understanding various biological systems and processes. The student will be skilled in latest interdisciplinary biological techniques that will be beneficial for their future research/ employment.
- PO3:   Research: Students will be able to independently think and identify a research problem, design experimental protocols to address that problem and analyse the results or solutions emanating out of his/ her work.
- PO4: Biotechnology, Environment, and Society: Students will be able to develop and use genetically engineered organisms for betterment of environment and society after a thorough evaluation of their side-effects/ negative impacts.
- PO5:   Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1:   To create postgraduates with a successful career as professional or a researcher through lifelong learning in the field of biotechnology.
- PSO2: Hands-on training and mandatory research projects will help our students by providing   knowledge and technical experience of problem-solving in a research environment.
- PSO3: An ability to apply fundamental knowledge related to pure sciences in an interdisciplinary manner for providing innovative solutions to need based problems for global impact.