About the Programme
A four-year undergraduate programme in Electronics and Communication with a Specialization in Embedded Systems will concentrate on using technology and applied mathematics to solve practical problems in the field of communications. In general, the curriculum aims to instil a thorough understanding of signals, circuits, and how to use differential equations techniques to produce exceptional products.
The curriculum begins with an introduction to the fundamentals of Embedded Systems, Electronics Engineering, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Networks, Analog Electronics, and Network Theory for students. The curriculum progresses through topics such as digital communication, computer architecture, and technical skill enhancement.
Furthermore, the programme emphasizes developing students' skill sets through industrial visits and practical sessions. There are several weeks of dedicated training slots built into the curriculum for this purpose. Students who want to learn more about electronics and communication will continue their education at a higher level.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: The graduates will achieve a reputation as a source of providing innovative solutions for complex engineering problems.
- PEO2: The graduates will demonstrate sound engineering knowledge and managerial decisions based on ethical and professional standards.
- PEO3: The graduates will work on global technological and environmental issues as a successful entrepreneur.
- PEO4: The graduates will pursue higher studies to become successful academicians and lead researchers.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and rese
- arch methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The Program Specific Objectives (PSOs) :
- PSO1:  Ability to adapt the emerging embedded system technologies for designing and prototyping
- PSO2: learning recent technologies as Internet of Things (IoT) and Mobile Communication to provide technical solutions to societal needs.
- PSO3: Develop hardware, and firmware for automated solutions to solve Industrial problems