School of Basic Sciences & Research
School of Basic Sciences and Research boasts of providing an interdisciplinary approach, a strong flavour of engineering, exposure to various disciplines in the humanities and social sciences to its students.
The School of Basic Sciences is unique from other institutions of higher learning as it is committed to imparting knowledge in pure sciences, which not only forms the foundation for further academic pursuits in science and technology but also acts as the foundation for students to pursue a career in research and higher-level teaching.
The academic programme is designed to meet the requirement of the latest technological developments and envisages to become a state-of-the-art department providing high-quality education and cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in science. SBSR has a well-equipped laboratory for optical, mechanical and electrical experiments. The school is continuously associated with academic/sponsored research and industrial consultancy work.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to
- Ability to integrate factual knowledge with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognise a vital scientific problem and to propose experiments that would make a valuable contribution to its solution.
- Devise experimental protocols and conduct self-directed research to contribute to the solution of a significant scientific problem.
- Acquire General knowledge of scientific fields such as physics, mathematics, chemistry, and biology with detailed knowledge of his/her area of interest.
- Develop an understanding of primary scientific literature, to keep abreast of recent developments, and to incorporate and integrate the research in their chosen area of expertise.
- All the programmes are embedded in a mature and highly sophisticated research culture to ensure the multi-dimensional growth of the students.
- ‘Xccelerator - Entrepreneurial & Business Incubation Centre at Sharda University is sponsored by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Live projects sponsored by AICTE, DST, DRDO and MSME. Seminars, workshops, conferences as well as special guest lectures are organised to garner the scope for interdisciplinary research in basic sciences.
- The school has three research centres viz. Material Research Laboratory, Environmental Science Laboratory and Research & Technology Development Centre solely dedicated for carrying out research activities of government-funded research projects.
- The School has completed 07 Research projects worth Rs. 137 lakhs + sponsored by Government agencies Such as Department of Science & Technology (DST), Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), New Delhi and World Bank through IC mode Nepal.