About the Programme
B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture is a 4 years professional bachelor degree programme. The curriculum includes theory and practicals over eight semesters and visits and hands-on experience in the laboratories polyhouses experimental plots and fields within and outside the university in peri-urban rural and industrial settings. It includes topics related to agricultural and allied sciences use of modern scientific instruments machinery and techniques in plant and animal based farming systems land surveying soil science water resource management animal and poultry management basics of biotechnology etc. The programme is to get the students acquainted with various facets of agriculture and its related specializations in the well equipped laboratories as well as in real environment in related industry and farming. The main aim of this programme is to use the above mentioned concepts to train students understand and improve agriculture productivity manage processes & products and pave way for future developments through fundamental and mission oriented applied research with a thrust on evolution of bio-safe and eco-friendly high value agricultural production systems.
This ensures that the graduates will be eligible for higher education leading to
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: A strong foundation in agricultural and horticultural principles and practices to make students globally competitive.
- PEO2: Strong interest in agricultural and horticultural technologies by enhancing the problem-solving skills so that they are motivated to pursue research and entrepreneurship development.
- PEO3: Expertise on peri-urban agriculture and protected cultivation to address the needs of the growing population and changing environment and demonstrate technology for income and employment generation.
- PEO4: A sense of responsibility towards the use of scientific knowledge in agriculture for the benefit of farmers.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply science for the benefit of industry by conducting relevant investigative and trial work.
- PO2: Develop good agricultural practice, evaluate new techniques, instigate change and be able to contribute effectively to the development of the industry
- PO3: Identify, formulate, analyze, and evaluate scientific and technical information of global agriculture and its consequences.
- PO4: Communicate effectively on complex agricultural activities and have enhanced personal and employability skills so that they can work effectively in a professional environment.
- PO5: Have a clear understanding of various agricultural practices for maintaining food security in current climate scenario
- PO6: Become determined individuals who question practice and apply the skills they have learnt to propose effective solutions to real-world agricultural problems in a professional manner
- PO7: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of agriculture and management principles and apply these to one’s own work or in a team to manage projects.
- PO8: Apply ethical principles and commit to the professional ethics and responsibility of the agricultural practices.