Dr. Md. Sayeed Akhtar
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
I have completed my B. Pharma., M. Pharma (Pharmacy practice) and Ph.D. (Pharmacology) at Hamdard University, New Delhi in the year 2006, 2 008 and 2016 respectively. I qualified GATE-2006 examination to pursue my post graduation. The title of my Ph.D. thesis was “Evaluation of protective effects of levosimendan in combination with insulin and ramipril in streptozotocin induced diabetic cardiomyopathy”. During Ph.D. work, I was awarded by prestigious “Maulana Azad National Fellowship’ of University Grant Commission in 2012 for five years. I have also worked as a Senior Research Fellow (SRF) under the CCRUM (Ministry of Ayush, Govt. of India) project entitled “Pre-clinical studies of UNIM-001, UNIM-003, UNIM-1202, and UNIM-202” from 25th August 2011 to 31st March 2012 and have expertise in animal handling. I have published one national and eight international research articles in international journal of repute and four research articles have been recently communicated in reputed international journal.
- Teaching and Research Experience: 8 (2.5+5+0.5) Years (After PG & during Ph.D.)
- Ph.D. (Pharmacology)
- Cardiovascular complications related to diabetes
- Quest for learning, diligent, team person and undertaking challenges.
- Two year experience of patient counseling in Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research.
- Preparation of clinical reports and ADR monitoring (Pharmacovigilance).
- Enrollment of Volunteers, Management of data base.
- Good skill in animals handling.
- Expertise in experimental animal handling with in vivo and in vitro experiments.
- Expertise in cardiotoxicity models, Ischemia/Reperfusion.
- Expertise in handling of UV spectroscopy and Elisa Microplate Reader, HPLC and Flow cytometry.
- Participated, presented and received 2nd prize for a poster ‘Camellia sinensis protects against experimentally induced myocardial infarction in rats’ in conference on ‘National Conference of the Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association, India at New Delhi
- Qualified GATE in 2006, conducted by IIT Kharagpur with 86.5 percentile score.
- Registered from Delhi Pharmacy Council as a registered pharmacist (Reg. no.- 17417).
- Life membership of “Indian Pharmacist Graduates’ Association” (LM- 3566).
- Actively worked as a member of Local Organizing Committee (Treasurer Committee) of 60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress in 2008 held in New Delhi.
- The 60th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress Proudly Confers the Certificate of Appreciation for the outstanding contributions as Task Committee Member in the Diamond Jubilee 60th IPC, New Delhi held on 12th to 14th December 2008
- Running up of Patient counseling & Pharmacovigilance center for 2 years at Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Hamdard University.
- Awarded the Certificate of Appreciation for the outstanding contributions to the scientific programme of the conference as Delegate in the ‘Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Sciences (Global Conference on Heart Diseases)’ held at Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research on February 14th -15th, 2007.
- Joined and worked as senior project fellow (SRF) funded by Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
- Received Maulana Azad National Fellowship (SRF) awarded by University Grant Commission in 2012.
- Jagriti Bhatia, Fauzia Tabassum, Ashok Kumar Sharmaa, Saurabh Bhartia, Mahaveer Golechhaa, Md. Sayeed Akhatar, Abhay Krishna Srivastava, Dharamvir Singh Arya ‘Upregulation of activated eNOS and endogenous antioxidant activity by Emblica officinalis attenuates deoxycorticosterone acetate/high salt-induced hypertension in rats’ Cardiovascular toxicology. 2011;11(3):272-9
- MSAkhtar, Divya Vohora, K K Pillai, Kiran Dubey, M S Roy, A K Najmi, Razia Khanam ‘Drug prescribing practices in paediatric department of a north indian university teaching hospital’ Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2012; 5 (1): 146-149.
- A Garg, MS Akhtar, A Rana, Abida, N. Parvez ‘A Comparative study between Retrospective and Prospective Drug Use Pattern Conducted in Referral Teaching Hospital, New Delhi, INDIA’ Journal of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy Vol 2, 8 (2012)
- Scientific article on ‘New drugs Approved by FDA’ Published in News letter of “Indian Pharmacist Graduates’ Association” in 2008.
- MS Akhtar, K. K. Pillai, M. Q. Hassan, S. H. Ansari, J. Ali, M. Akhtar, K. Najmi ‘Levosimendan suppresses oxidative injury, apoptotic signaling and mitochondrial degeneration in Streptozotocin induced diabetic cardiomyopathy. Clinical and experimental hypertension. 2016; 38(1): 10-22.
- Hassan MQ, Akhtar MS, Akhtar M, Ansari SH, Ali J, Haque SE, Najmi AK. ‘Benidipine prevents oxidative stress, inflammatory changes and apoptosis related myofibril damage in isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarction in rats’ Toxicology Mechanism and Methods. 2015; 25(1):26-33.
- Md Quamrul Hassan, Md Sayeed Akhtar, M. Akhtar, Javed Ali, Syed Ehtaishamul Haque, Abul Kalam Najmi ‘Combination therapy of benidipine with potent free radical scavenger agent attenuates isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction by suppressing oxidative stress, apoptotic signaling and ultrastructural damage’ Therapeutic Advances in Cardiovascular Disease. 2016; 10(4): 214-23.
- Md Quamrul Hassan, Md Sayeed Akhtar, M. Akhtar, Javed Ali, Syed Ehtaishamul Haque, Abul Kalam Najmi ‘Edaravone protects rats against oxidative stress, pro-inflammatory cytokine and apoptosis’ in experimentally induced myocardial infarction: Ultrastucture evidences. Redox report. 2015; 20(6): 275-81.
- Akhtar MS, Pillai KK, Hassan MQ, Dhyani N, Ismail MV, Najmi AK. Levosimendan reduces myocardial damage and improves cardiodynamics in streptozotocin induced diabetic cardiomyopathy via SERCA2a/NCX1 pathway. Life Science. 2016; 153: 55-65.
- Afzal O, Akhtar MS, Kumar S, Ali MR, Jaggi M, Bawa S. Hit to lead optimization of a series of N-[4-(1,3-benzothiazol-2-yl)phenyl]acetamides as monoacylglycerol lipase inhibitors with potential anticancer activity. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2016; 121: 318-330.
- Four research paper are under communication in journal of repute.
- Registered pharmacist in the ages of Delhi Pharmacy Council (17417)
- Life member of “India Pharmacy Graduation Association” (LM-3566).
- Attended APPICON-2016 on “Physiological and Pharmacological aspects- Tracking to molecules” from 21st October to 24th October 2016 in AIIMS, Patna (India).
- ACHIEVEMENTS 28th Annual Conference of ‘Indian Society for Atherosclerosis Research & International CME on New Paradigms in Atherosclerosis & Cardio-vascular Disorders’ held at Jamia Hamdrd from 29th to 31st October 2015.
- Volunteer in the 65th “Indian pharmaceutical Congress” held at Amity University, Delhi NCR from December 20th to 22th, 2013.
- Attended ‘65thIndian Pharmaceutical Congress-2013’ as delegates & volunteer held at New Delhi from December 20th to 22th, 2013.
- International conference on ‘Cardiovascular Research Convergence’ organized by Department of pharmacology and cardiology, AIIMS (Delhi) from 17th – 18th Feb. 2012.
- International conference on ‘Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Sciences and Translational Medicine’ held on 16th Feb. 2012 at Amity University, Uttar Pradesh.
- Attended IPGA sponsored National seminar on “Expectations of pharmaceutical industry from Pharmacy Graduates’” at PDM College of pharmacy, Haryana on 8th Sept. 2012.
- Summit on 10th Knowledge Millennium Summit Inaugurated by the Hon’ble President of India on ‘Curing the Incurables: Sharing of Innovations’ organized by ASSOCHAM (India), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- 26th Annual conference of IPGA ‘Pharmaceutical Opportunities and Challenges of the New Decade’ on 2nd April 2011.
- ISTE Sponsored One Week Seminar on ‘Recent Advances in Drug Discovery & Design’ held at Advanced Institute of Pharmacy, Palwal from March 16th to 20th, 2009.
- Seminar on ‘Best Practices on Pharmacovigilance’ held on April 24 & 25, 2009 at AIIMS (Delhi).
- Silver Jubilee Conference on ‘Challenges and Opportunities for Pharmacy Graduates in 21st Century’ organized by IPGA and ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga (Punjab).
- Seminar on ‘Pharmaceutical Research and Development: Challenges and Opportunities’ organized by Advanced Institute of Pharmacy, Palwal (Haryana).
- 60thIndian Pharmaceutical Congress-2008 as a member of local organizing committee held at New Delhi from December 12th to 14th, 2008.
- Attended ISTE sponsored STTP on “Recent trends in drug development-a focus on novel drug delivery systems” at PDM College of pharmacy, Haryana from 2nd Feb. to 6th Feb 2009.
- Recent advances in cardiovascular sciences, “Global Conference on Heart Diseases”. (Organized by DIPSAR on 14th and 15th match 2007).
- Workshop on “Pharmacovigilance Awareness and Pharmacovigilance, Better Coordination: A Key to Success” (organized by LHMC $ Smt. S.K.Hospital on 23rd & 24th March, 2007).
- Symposium on “Promotion of Pharmacovigilance in India” (organized by AIIMS & JOHNSON $ JOHNSON on 15th March 2007).
- Conference for General Practitioners, GPCON-2007 (Organized By National Medical Forum, on 14th & 15th April, 2007).
- Seminar on “Pharmaceutical Pricing & Regulatory framework for affordable Medicines” (organized by NPPA, DFID, Dept. of Chemicals and Petrochemicals).
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture