The Department of Mass Communication aims at imparting world class teaching, training and research in the field of communication, thus committed to serving society and preparing to take students to take on challenges of a highly competitive world.
Combining theory and practice, the department offers you curricula for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees (BJMC, MJMC, PGD and Ph.D.). The Mass Communication programmes at Sharda University, have been tailored to meet the needs of developing countries and that is what sets it apart.
All courses at the Department of Mass Communication aim to meet the needs of communication professionals working in various media outfits of the industry. It constantly makes efforts to innovate programmes in order to meet the challenges in the industry.
A student-run newspaper ‘The Shardans’ and a student-run on campus radio station are channels only to prepare the students to work for newspapers, television and radio channels, broadcast and film production companies, public relation firms and advertising agencies. The students are exposed to individual research opportunities also.
The Department of Mass Communication strives to make the students industry-ready by providing them with a solid academic experience that balances both conceptual and practical courses, professional opportunities and multiple internships all of which are grounded in a foundation of ethics in a diverse and global society.
Seminars & Workshops
- Dr. Sambit Patra, National spokesperson, Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) weaved a relation between media and politics. He emphasized media as a fourth estate of the democracy and has gained importance in the last few years.
- Mr. Nitin Dhall, a young creative director from TV industry, gave a special lecture on the “Creative Direction on small screen”. While interaction with the students, he focused on scriptwriting (fiction), set designing, creative work for documentary and fiction, filmmaking and lifestyle programming.
- Mr. Shelly Vishwajeet, a PR professional . interacted with the students on the importance of communication in career progression, the job of communication specialist and corporate communication as a career option.
- Mr. Shams Tahir Khan, India’s one of the most watched crime show anchor, gave lecture on the phenomenon of crime, crime reporting & changing face of media.
- Senior Supreme court advocate Mr. Rakesh Shukla delivered a special lecture on identify media created images and personalities and discussed in detail the ethics related to these issues.
- Ms. Saima Rehman from Radio Mirchi gave a special lecture on designing a radio drama, emphasizing on the emerging career options as Radio Jockey.
- Celebrity sports journalist & anchor Mr. Darain Shahidi is a frequent guest speaker at the university & has conducted several workshops for students on sport journalism, TV anchoring, public speaking, voice modulation & story telling.
- Well known graphic designer and author, Mr. Vishwajyoti Ghosh conducted a workshop on the art, aesthetics and techniques of visual communication.
- Renowned media expert Mr. Shalli Ittaman, conducted detailed workshops on the importance of New Media, Convergent Media and massive yet often hidden world of internet.
- Renowned Theater Personality & actor Mrs. Mohini Mathur delivered demonstration on techniques of drama, acting & non verbal communication.
- Mr. Sanjay Nigam from NDTV channel apprised thestudents of various methods of TV production. This was primarily to acquaint the students with techniques of pre production, production & post production.
- Two days workshop 'AAKRITI' by SAP and SADMS on 10th & 11th Feb, 2015 by:
- Mr. Raja Deori on Bamboo
- Mr. Dev Meher on Short Film
- Mr. Ravindra Verma on Metal workshop
- Mr. Apte on collage and grafiti
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture