Prof. (Dr.) Milindo Chakrabarti
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr Milindo Chakrabarti has distinguished experience of 28 years as a Professor of Micro-economics, International Trade & Business, Environmental Economics, Indian Economics and Development Economics, nationally and internationally. Along with his long standing career in teaching, Dr Milindo holds Research Experience of 27 years and has written and published numerous research paper, articles and books from India and abroad. Currently, he is a Professor with School of Business Studies and School of Law at Sharda University, Greater Noida. He also delivered lectures at Indiana University, Bloomington, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Gandhi Nagar. Right now he is associated with the Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada as an Adjunct Faculty and recently joined Research and Information System for Developing Countries, an autonomous think tank of the Ministry of External Affairs as a Visiting Consultant. Till recently, he was a Consultant to the Independent Evaluation Office of the Planning Commission.
Dr Milindo has extensive experience in policy development and practice, and wide knowledge and experience working in different sectors such as: natural resources, social sectors, rural development, key cross-cutting issues, environment, governance and institutional development. Dr Milindo regularly travels throughout India on various academic and research assignments, and has travelled across many countries on academic assignments, for instance Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, China, Kenya, USA, Canada, UK, France, Italy, Portugal Egypt and Turkey. He has also been consultant to different ministries of Govt. of India, the Planning Commission, the World Bank UNDP, IFAD, the British Council. In his list of professional affiliations he has also been a Member of Western Economic Association International, USA, Executive Director in Development Evaluation Society of India (DESI) and also Member, Network of Network on Impact Evaluation (NONIE).
- 28 years
- Micro Economics
- International Business
- Development Economics
- Natural Resource Management
- Development Evaluation
- Adjunct Professor, Natural Resources Institute, Manitoba University, Winnipeg, Canada
- Visiting Fellow, Research and Information System for Developing Countries (An autonomous think tank of Ministry of External Affairs, Govt.of India), New Delhi.
- Visiting Faculty, Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Ahmedabad.
- Ginger and Ginger Products: Management of Marketing and Exports with Special Reference to the Eastern Himalayan Region: CMA Monograph No. 193: Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad: 2003, [with Samar K. Datta and Gurdev Singh]
- A perspective on Sustainable Fisheries Under Global Market Conditions: CMA Monograph No. 205: Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad: 2003, [with Samar K. Datta]
- Towards Evolving Agricultural Policy Matrix in a Federal Structure — The Post-WTO Scenario in India (2010): Allied Publishers, New Delhi [with Samar K. Datta and Rahul Nilkantan].
- Towards a Perspective on flow of Credits to Small and Marginal Farmers in India (forthcoming): Allied Publishers, New Delhi [with Samar K. Datta and others].
- Assessing Impact of Bandhan’s Micro-credit and related Development Interventions” (with Samar K. Datta, Rahul Nilakantan, Srijanpal Singh & Milan Das): IIMA 
- Development Evaluation Society of India, New Delhi
- Community of Evaluators, South Asia
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture