Dr. R. C. Singh
- Area Of Interest
- Skill Set
- Award & Recognition
- Research & Publications
Dr. R.C. Singh is Professor of Physics in School of Basic Sciences and Research, Sharda University (India). Dr. Singh obtained his doctorate from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi in theoretical Condensed Matter Physics. He obtained his B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc. degrees also in Physics from Banaras Hindu University. Dr. Singh has published more than 20 research papers in peer-reviewed international journals and conference proceedings. He has authored one book and co-edited one conference proceedings. His area of research interest includes study of phase transitions in molecular liquids using density-functional theory; Time-series analysis using wavelets and Biometrics. Dr. Singh is a reviewer of several international journals and has attended and organized many national and international Conferences, Seminars, Workshops and Short-Term courses. Dr. Singh has successfully completed three Research Projects sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India), New Delhi.
Dr. Singh has extensively travelled to many countries for delivering talks, research and promoting Indian education abroad. Some notable visits include a short tenure at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), (Italy); Technical University of Munich (Germany); Fraunhofer Institute (Germany); University of Kaiserslautern (Germany); University of Osnabrueck (Germany); Doppler Institute of Mathematical Physics, Prague (Czech Republic); Instanbul Aydin University (Turkey); University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Canada); Homerton College, Cambridge (UK) and Cambridge University (UK). While on his tours for research and academic discussions, Dr. Singh has also used these opportunities to build collaborative arrangements with Institutions abroad and his University in India. His focus on multi-lateral exchange of ideas and collaboration in research has paid rich dividends in terms of reputed Scientists visiting India and Indian students joining international teams in pioneering areas of basic research.
Dr. Singh has been awarded Research Associateship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi and Short Term Visitor status in The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (Italy). He was conferred the “Bharat Vidya Shiromani Award” by the International Institute of Education and Management, New Delhi, and the “Pride of International Education Excellence Award” which was presented during Indo-Nepal Friendship Summit in Kathmandu by the Intellectual People and Economic Growth Association, New Delhi. He is also recipient of the “Star of Asia Award” by International Business Council, New Delhi and the Global Achievers Foundation, New Delhi conferred on him "Bharat Vibhushan Samman Puraskar" which was presented by Honb'le Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Shri Harish Rawat at Dehradun. Recently, National & International Compendium, New Delhi presented "Lifetime Achievement Award" to Dr. Singh for his contribution in the field of education.
Administrative experience of Dr. Singh has been diverse. He was the Head of the Department of Applied Sciences, Chief Hostel Warden, Chief Proctor, Dean Students Welfare, Dean Academics, Founder Controller of Examinations of Sharda University, Director Academics and Director of Engineering Institutions during 1997-2015.
Dr. Singh has established himself as a mentor, teacher, leader and an innovator. His responsibilities include providing leadership in research as well as planning for academics at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. He is known for his exemplary contribution through his dedication, commitment, innovative approach and high integrity. He is a blend of Indian values and international exposure and has dedicated himself to the cause of technical education, meaningful science and research and an astute administrator with interest of students as the foremost priority. Dr. Singh is a strategist, a methodical planner and a composed implementer and has the uncanny ability to create a team of leaders.
TEACHING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: More than 25 Years
- Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI) and Sharda University, (October 2008 - Continuing)
- Associate Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions (SGI), (January 2008 - September 2008)
- Lecturer and Assistant Professor, Sharda Group of Institutions and Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology (October 1997 – December 2007)
- Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), Sharda University (May 2016 – Continuing)
- Chief Vigilance Officer, Sharda University (March 2016 – Continuing)
- Director & Director Academics, Vidya College of Engineering, Meerut (July 2011 – January 2016)
- Founder Controller of Examinations, Sharda University (2009 – 2011)
- Dean Academics, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2008 – 2009)
- Director, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida ((2007 –2008)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Hindustan Institute of Technology (SGI), Greater Noida (2006 - 2007)
- Head, Applied Sciences & Humanities, Meerut Institute of Engineering & Technology, Meerut (1997 - 2004)
- Ph. D. in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1997)
- M. Sc. in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1988)
- B. Sc. (Hons.) in Physics, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi (1986)
- Phase transition studies in molecular liquids and liquid crystals; solving integral equation theories; density functional theory
- Time series analysis using wavelets
- Medical Imaging
- Density Functional Theory
- Wavelet Analysis
- CSIR Research Associate: (No.- 9/13(822)/97-EMR-I) by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi.
- Short Term Visitor: The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy.
- Bharat Vidya Shiromani Award: Conferred by International Institute of Education & Management, New Delhi.
- Pride of International Education Excellence Award: Conferred by Intellectual People and Economic Growth Association, New Delhi at Kathmandu (Nepal).
- Star of Asia: Conferred by International Business Council, New Delhi.
- Bharat Vibhushan Samman Puraskar: Conferred by Global Achievers Foundation, New Delhi.
- Life Time Achievement Award: Conferred by National & International Compendium, New Delhi.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
- Research Project (No.: SR/S2/CMP-0077/2012) titled “Study of Equilibrium Properties and Phase Behaviour in Complex Fluids” funded by the Department of Science & Technology (Govt. of India), New Delhi. (Completed)
- Research Project (No.: SR/S2/CMP-26/2005) titled "Understanding the Phase Diagrams of Quadrupolar Molecules" funded by the Department of Science & Technology (Govt. of India), New Delhi. (Completed)
- Research Project (No.: SP/S2/M-33/99 (PRU)) titled "Theory for Structure and Freezing of Molecular Liquids” funded by the Department of Science & Technology, (Govt. of India), New Delhi. (Completed)
IN INTERNATIONAL REFEREED JOURNALS
1. Solution of the Percus-Yevick equation for pair correlation functions of molecular liquids
Jokhan Ram, Ram Chandra Singh, Yashwant Singh
Phys. Rev. E 49, 5117 (1994)
2. Thermodynamically self-consistent integral equation theory for pair correlations of a molecular fluids-I
Ram Chandra Singh, Jokhan Ram, Yashwant Singh
Phys. Rev. E 54, 977 (1996)
3. Integral equation theory for molecular fluids: effect of quadrupolar interactions
Sushma Gupta, Jokhan Ram, Ram Chandra Singh
Physica A 278, 447 (2000)
4. The structure and freezing of fluids interacting via the Gay-Berne (n-6) potentials
Ram C. Singh, Jokhan Ram, Yashwant Singh
Phys. Rev. E 65, 031711 (2002)
5. Effects of molecular elongation on liquid crystalline phase behaviour: isotropic-nematic transition
Ram Chandra Singh and Jokhan Ram
Physica A 326, 13 (2003)
6. Structure of hard ellipsoids: the Gaussian overlap model
Ram Chandra Singh
J. Mol. Liq. 122, 1 (2005)
7. Orientational phase transition of long elongated Gay-Berne molecules
Ram Chandra Singh
Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst., 457, 67 (2006)
8. Thermodynamically self-consistent integral equation theory for pair-correlations of molecular fluids-II
Ram Chandra Singh and Jokhan Ram
Physica A 369, 493 (2006)
9. Temperature-dependent study of isotropic-nematic transition for a Gay-Berne fluid using the density-functional theory
Ram Chandra Singh
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 19, 376101 (2007)
10. The Percus-Yevick approximation for quadrupolar molecular fluids
Ram Chandra Singh, Braj Mohan Singh and Jokhan Ram
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 21, 115101 (2009)
11. A study of isotropic-nematic transition of quadrupolar Gay-Berne fluid using density-functional theory approach
Ram Chandra Singh and Jokhan Ram
Phase Trans., 84, 1084 (2011)
12. Structure and orientational ordering in a fluid of elongated quadrupolar molecules
Ram Chandra Singh
Physica A, 392, 48 (2013)
13. Footprint recognition with principal component analysis and independent component analysis
Rohti Khokher, Ram Chandra Singh and Rahul Kumar
Macromol. Symp., 347, 16 (2015)
14. Tunable attractive interaction and the phase diagram of a system of Gay-Berne ellipsoids: A density functional approach
Shikha Dwivedi, Pankaj Mishra, Ram Chandra Singh and Jokhan Ram
J. Molecular Liquids, 222, 1139 (2016)
IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
1. An integral equation approach to orientational phase transitions in quadrupolar Gay-Berne fluid using density-functional theory
Ram Chandra Singh
AIP Conf. Proc. 1146, 345-356 (2009)
2. Wavelets in Meteorology
Ram Chandra Singh and Rajeev Bhatla
AIP Conf. Proc. 1463, 176-193 (2012)
3. Palmprint recognition using geometrical and texture properties
Rohit Khokher, Ram Chandra Singh and Rahul Kumar
"2nd International Conference on Research in Science, Engineering and Technology”, 54-58 (2014)
4. Generation of security key using ECG signal
Rohit Khokher and Ram Chandra Singh
"International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA)", IEEE Xplore, 895-900 (2015)
- “Mathematics in Science & Technology” edited by A. H. Siddiqi, R. C. Singh & P. Manchanda (World Scientific, Singapore (2011), ISBN-13 978-981-4338-81-3; 10 981-4338-81-8)
- “Thermodynamically Self-consistent Integral Equation Theory” by R. C. Singh (LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany (2012), ISBN: 978-3-659-27725-2)
- “The Proceedings of the International Conference on Science, Technology, Humanities and Business Management” edited by Rajendra Kumar, Rohit Khokher and R. C. Singh (McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited, New Delhi (2016), ISBN-13: 978-93-5260-275-9)
NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE(S)/ WORKSHOP(S)/ SYMPOSIUM(S) ORGANISED/ ATTENDED
- Satellite Conference of International Congress of Mathematicians 2010 (ICM 2010) on “Mathematics in Science and Technology”, held at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi & India Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi from 15th - 17th August 2010.
- One day Conference on “Challenges of 21st Century Education in India” held at Vidya College of Engineering on 18th February 2012.
- International Conference on “Recent Technologies in Advanced Electronics” held at Vidya College of Engineering, Meerut from 11th - 12th April 2013
- International Conference on Science, Technology, Humanities and Business Management (ICSTHBM-2016) held at Bangkok, Thailand during 29th – 30th July 2016.
- International Conference on “Disorder, Complexity and Biology” held at Department of Physics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi from 12th - 15th July 2004.
- International Conference on “Modelling and Engineering and Technological Problems” held at Agra from 14th - 16th January 2009.
- “The Fifth International Symposium on Wavelet Applications to Real World Problems” held at Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey on 7th - 8th June 2010.
- “7th International Congress on Industrial & Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2011)” held on at Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada from 18th - 22nd July 2011.
- “Joint ICTP-KFAS Conference on Nanotechnology for Biological and Biomedical Applications (Nano-Bio-Med)” held at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy from 10th - 14th October 2011.
- “ICTP-SISSA Workshop on New Materials for Renewable Energy” held at The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy from 17th - 21st October 2011.
- International Conference "The Physics of Soft and Biological Matter" held from 14th - 16th April 2014 at Homerton College, Cambridge, UK.
- Winter Workshop on “Liquid Crystals” held at Department of Physics, University of North Bengal, Silliguri from 28th December 1992 - 6th January 1993.
- International Research Training Workshop on “Solid State Ionics” held at Department of Physics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi from 22nd - 28th November 1998.
- Workshop on “Virtual Instrumentation” held at Anand Engineering College, Agra on 8th - 9th of April 2005.
- Workshop on “Engineering Challenges for Future Accelerators” jointly organized by Inter University Accelerator Centre and Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi at IIT Delhi on 13th March 2006.
- National Workshop on “Spectroscopic Techniques” held at Hindustan College of Science & Technology, Mathura on 2nd - 4th August 2007.
- National Workshop on “Wavelets and its Applications in Signal Processing” held at Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida on 20th April 2011.
- 1st National Conference on "Advancement in IT and Management" held at Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun from 8th - 9th February 2002.
- International Conference on "Disorder, Complexity and Biology" held at Department of Physics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi from 12th - 15th July 2004.
- 11th Annual Conference of Vijnana Parishad of India (VPI) Symposium on “Mathematical Modelling of Real Life Problems and Computer Applications” held at Anand Engineering College, Agra from 12th - 15th May 2005.
A. SHORT TERM COURSES
- Short term course on “Computer Concepts & FORTRAN 77” held at Computer Centre, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi from 23rd September - 12th October 1991.
- “SERC School on Liquid Crystals” held at Raman Research Institute, Bangalore from 2nd - 20th May 1994.
- Short term course under quality improvement programme on “Effective Teacher” held in the Department of Q.I.P. Centre, University of Roorkee, Roorkee from 11th - 25th June 1998.
SESSION CHAIRED IN NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- Chaired a session in The Fifth International Symposium on “Wavelet Applications to Real World Problems” held at Istanbul Aydin University, Turkey on 7th - 8th June 2010.
- Chaired a session in National Conference on “Recent Trends in Exotic Materials” held at Sharda University, Greater Noida on 26th – 28th August 2010.
- Chaired a session in International Conference on “Science and Engineering of Materials” held at Sharda University, Greater Noida on 6th - 8th January 2014.
- Chaired two sessions in “International Conference on the occasion of Silver Jubilee of Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ISIAM)” held at Sharda University, Greater Noida during 29th – 31st January 2016.
MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Life member of Indian Liquid Crystal Society (L-88)
- Life member of Indian Society for Technical Education (LM-29962)
- Life Member of Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (S-119)
- Election Officer, The Indian Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ISIAM)
- President, Society for Research Development
MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARDS
- Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Liquid State Sciences
- Associate Editor, ISST Journal of Applied Physics
MEMBER OF COMMITTEES AND BOARDS
- Member, Executive Council, Sharda University, Greater Noida (2009-2011)
- Member, Academic Council, Sharda University, Greater Noida (2009-2011)
- Member, Court of the University, Sharda University, Greater Noida (2009-2011)
- Member, Finance Committee, Sharda University, Greater Noida (2009-2011)
- Expert, Distance Education Programme, Punjab Technical University
- Member, Board of Governors, Global Group of Institutions, Lucknow
- Member, Advisory Board, RNB Global University, Rajasthan
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture