- Excellence: Commitment to innovation and continuous learning and to ensure we keep striving for the best outcomes in all facets of life.
- Ethical Conduct: Integrity, fairness, honesty and transparency in all actions.
- Global Outlook: Welcoming and encouraging diverse ideas, beliefs, and cultures.
- Promote Leadership: Believing that leaders create leadership skills in others, thus igniting a virtuous cycle of growth.
- Collaboration and Inclusiveness: Developing a symbiotic community of faculty, students, alumni, industry, government bodies and other Universities/Centers of learning.
- “To Emerge as a Global Centre of Learning in Legal Studies & Research”
School of Law shall realize its vision by-
- Creating a High Quality Learning Environment
- Educating & Training Socially Conscious Students with Critical Legal Thinking
- Developing a Culture for Promoting Legal Aid and Research
Educational Objective of BA LLB Programme
- After completion of BA LLB Programme students shall have good knowledge of BA subjects and law subjects. Emphasis has been laid on soft skills development and legal training by mandatory summer internship, participation in moot court competitions, Guest Lectures, Seminars, Visit to- Parliament, Supreme Courts and other Courts, Jail, Juvenile Homes, Police Station etc.
Professional Objective of BA LLB Programme
- After completion of the BA LLB Programme student can enroll as an Advocate, Join Law Firms, Prepare for various competitive examinations including State Judicial Services, Pursue Higher studies, Join LPO / KPO etc.
Educational Objective of BBA LLB Programme
- After completion of the BBA LLB Programme students shall have good knowledge of BBA subjects and Law subjects. Emphasis has been laid on soft skills development and legal training by summer internship, participation in moot court competitions, Guest Lectures, Seminars, Visit to- Parliament, Supreme Courts and other Courts, Jails, Juvenile Homes, Police Station etc.
Educational Objective of LLM Programme
- After completion of One Year LLM Programme students shall have specialisation in Criminal and Corporate laws with research skills.
Professional Objective of LLM Programme
- After completion of One Year LLM student can pursue Ph D in Law, Clear UGC NET and join as Faculty, Enroll as Advocate, Join Law Firms, Prepare for various competitive examinations.
(ii) Parliament, Supreme Court, District Court, Jail, Juvenile Homes visits
(iii) Legal Aid Camps
(iv) Workshop on Legal writing
(v) Guest Lectures
(vi) Moot Courts
(vii) Participation in National / International Conferences
(viii) FDP / Workshop
- The subject(s) will be taught through a combination of formal lectures, interactive class discussions, leading case law discussion, home assignment and presentations.
- Legal Training
- Emerging Law College of the Year 2013 - Sharda University awarded by the prestigious title of "Emerging Law College of the Year" on 20th July, 2013
Seminars & Workshops
World Environment Conference on 25-26 March 2017
- The Faculty members and students of Sharda University had a fantastic time at World Environment Conference attended by influential legal luminaries. In this two-day conference, students interacted with these dignitaries on contemporary environmental issues and gained different perspectives on same.
- Students and faculty of ShardaUniversity stepped closer to nature at World Environment Conference inaugurated by hon'ble President of India Shri Pranab Mukherjee and Chief Justice of India hon'ble Shri JS Khehar. The conference was power packed with interactive sessions on various environmental issues to bring forth actionable insights for the audience.Click here to view picture Gallery
- Workshop on Contract Negotiation and Drafting – 12th November 2014
- Workshop on ‘Moot Court and Craft Skills’- 24th September 2014.
- Sharda First National Moot Court Competition – 12th - 13th February 2014
- National Seminar on Women, State, and Society in Emerging India: Law & Practice – 16 November 2013
- Organized an International Conference on Intellectual Property Rights in Public Interest & Ethics- NOVARTIS - 22 September 2013
- International Conference on Natural Resources Law & Practice on 22, March 2013
- National Workshop on FDI in Multi brand retail trade in India – 15 February 2013
One of the core values of the Sharda University is to foster global outlook among its students. The University welcomes and encourages diverse Ideas, Beliefs, and Cultures. The Sharda University encourages different approaches to teaching and learning that are both innovative and relevant to dynamic global academic environment. The Cultural Diversity sets out the University's commitment to an institutional culture in which all students and staff share an appreciation of cultural diversity in outlook, values and understanding. It sets out the policies that guide us and, most importantly, offers practical information and ideas for how we can all participate in and contribute to an active appreciation of our diversity.
Societal fields, organizations and individual people are challenged by people speaking different languages, having different values and religions, which leads to new encounters and exchanges.
The Cultural Diversity at Sharda University aims to broaden and deepen students' understanding, experience, and critical thinking skills with regard to cultural differences and cross-cultural interactions, for effective participation in a world of diverse cultures and viewpoints.
State of the art Classrooms
Air-conditioned classrooms are fitted with LCD projectors, OHPs, and sound systems. The lecture halls can accommodate 200 students in one class and tutorial classes are designed for a strength of 30-40 students. Additional class rooms are available with the capacity 60 students as per the Bar Council of India. We have a LAN-enabled campus, on which a Learning Management System(LMS) is made available, which can facilitate students to discuss academic topics, submit their assignments online, see their class notes, study through specially designed learning resources, and also refer to reference and digital library. The campus as well as student hostels are Wi-Fi enabled with a bandwidth of more than 12 Mbps.
Digital Library is available to provide access to e-Journals, and desired material. The University has a well-stocked, air-conditioned and fully computerized library, which serves as a catalyst in the learning process. To ignite the intellectual spirit in young minds large collection of video/audio CDs, industry and company information sources are made available to the students. The SOL has course-wise Departmental libraries to provide adequate support for complete academic pursuit.
Major features of the library include:
- Subscription to SCC and manupatra
- Study and Reference Books including Halsbury Laws of India
- Large collection of National & International Journals
- Special Reading Room for Researchers and Teachers
- Computerized Library Management System
- Online Workstations connected with Internet Connectivity
- Magazines and Periodicals Section
- A separate Referents Section is maintained for important and rare books.
- Easy operation through automated library procedures and Bar Code syste
Computer Labs & Language Labs
SOL has well equipped, LAN enabled Labs. These Labs have Video-Conferencing Facilities for Guest Lectures and Seminars..
The University has a modern canteen functioning in the campus, which can conveniently accommodate a good number of students at a time. The canteen is provided with modern furniture and automatic cooking system and have 4 well known chains of Restaurants-Sagar Ratna, Cafe Coffee Day, Red Chillies and Bikano.
Auditoriums, Seminar Rooms
The University has Auditoriums and Seminar Rooms equipped with the latest audio visual equipments. Every School has a Conference/Board room for meetings, presentations and discussions. More state-of-the-art facilities for recreation, conferences, seminars, convocation etc are available.
Sharda University students have access to medical facilities within the campus. The University has world class 750 bed multi-specialty Sharda Hospital with all modern medical facilities such as General medicine, ICU, Trauma Centre, ECG, X-Ray and laboratory investigations. The students are provided free OPD services and discounted rates for bed occupancy and tests. Plans are now being pursued for group Health Insurance for the students. All the members of faculty, are however covered.
On Campus Residences
Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls with furnished rooms and round the clock power back up are available at University campus for almost 1200 students, Students are provided single rooms or shared accommodation subject to availability. Preference is given to final year students and post-graduate students for occupying single room accommodation. A weekly laundry service is provided and each hostel has its own common room. Hostel accommodation to 1200 girl applicants is provided. More Hostel residences are planned to be built on campus so as to have at least 50% enrolled students on campus at all times.
Wi-Fi Enabled Campus
The campus has a seamless Wi'Fi network with more than 2O Mbps leased line with multiples which allows students to be connected on the net anytime, anywhere! We have a campus LAN, on which a Learning Management System is made available, which can facilitate students to discuss academic topics, submit their assignments online, see their class notes, study through specially designed learning resources and also refer to reference and digital library. The campus Cafe, the various spots on the campus with relaxed seating allows the student to complete their assignment between classes and submit it to the teacher online within the stipulated deadline. For a student conscious of his future, the campus allows all avenues to explore the technology solutions that the university offers.
Campus Recruitment Programs /Training & Placement Services
Our testimony of imparting qualitative and professional education is reflected by our prized alumni. As of date the Sharda Group has more than 11,000 alumni spread over the world working and contributing at senior executive positions in well known institutions and organizations.
Sharda University has a well laid-out and systematic process of dovetailing our students' career aspirations with Corporate expectations. The Training and Placement Department at Sharda University comprises of the Student Committee with 15 members from the last two years of the course and the Placement Department represented by the Placement Managers, Faculties, and Industry Professionals.
The leading companies from all sectors are invited by the Placement Department on the campus, where the eligible students are facilitated to go through the entire selection process. School of Law makes efforts to prepare law students for Judicial services and corporate legal service in addition to make them competent lawyers in the Court Room.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15