Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering shares the vision and mission of Sharda University in imparting quality education to the students to meet national and global challenges by providing stimulating and flexible learning environment for its students as well as faculty.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is one of the premier departments of School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University.
In this era of globalization where the whole world is well knit and networked, Electronics and Communication Engineering is most sought after engineering branch among budding Engineers.
To cater to the needs of supplying best professionals in Electronics and Communication Engineering at national and international level, the Department of ECE offers B.Tech, M.Tech. and Ph.D. Programmes.
The department is equipped with excellent research Facilities in VLSI design, microwave engineering, high-speed networking and communication, embedded systems, intelligent systems, parallel bus architecture and designing high-performance systems, signal processing, biomedical instrumentation and power engineering.
Linkage established with Industries and other Institutions
- ST Microelectronics, Greater Noida
- Moser Baer India, Greater Noida
- Free scale India, Noida
- Cadence India
- DKOP Pvt. Ltd.
- University of Delhi
- CEERI, Pilani
- NPL, New Delhi
- NSIT University, New Delhi
- Siemens India
- MoU with ALTTC, Ghaziabad
- MoU with Doumatics, Noida
- Tech Mahindra
- QA Infotech
- Zycus Infotech
- Team Computers
- Think and Learn
“Center of Competency in VLSI Design” (CCVD)
- Low Power VLSI Design (Modeling and Simulation)
- Analog Signal Processing
- Microwave Patch Antenna (Design, Fabrication and Characterization)*
- Wireless Sensors Networks (Design, Fabrication and Implementation)*
- Solar Cells (DSSC, Fabrication and Characterization)
Seminars & Workshops
- “Applications of Remote Sensing & GIS for Natural Resources”
Department of ECE, SET in association with Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun part of ISRO, has organized a program on “Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resources” from 27th Jan to 20th March 2015. The program is inaugurated on 27/02/2015 with best wishes and regards of Prof. R.K. Jaitley, Dean, SET. Participants include M.Tech students (ECE, CSE, and EIE), BS-MS students and Faculty members.
- National Conference.
ECE Department has organized two days National Conference on Emerging Trends of Electronics & Communication Engineering on 20th -21st March2015. The conference is organised by Ms. Manisha Rajoriya and Mr. Mohd Zeeshan Haider, faculty of ECE department in the supervision of Dr. R.M. Mehra. In the conference more than 20 papers were presented from outside engineering colleges and about 60 M.tech students of Sharda University and JNU Delhi ,of different specialisation has taken part in the conference.
- Expert Lecture on IoTs.
Mr. G. V. Singh from Domautics delivered a special lecture on IoTs(Internet of Things) to the department of ECE students. They discussed home automation using IoTs and various application in industry.
- Industrial Interaction People Meet
A meeting was held in the HoD-ECE’s Conference Room on 29th January 2016. Discussion on important of the curriculum as per the industry requirement was done between the industry people. The meeting was chaired by the HoD-ECE. The following Guest & faculty members were present at the meeting.
- Dr. Satish Chandra Tiwari - Cadence, Noida
- Mr. G. V. Singh - Domautics, Noida
- Mr. Ashish Rudla - ST Microelectronics, Gr. Noida
- Faculty Development Programme.
2 Days FDP from 22 to 23 December 2015 on Cadence Tool by Mr.Shashank Shekhar from Cadence,Banglore,Organized by Dr.Pallavi Gupta and Prince Nagar.
- MoU with ALTTC.
The MoU has been signed between Advance Level Telecom Training Center (ALTTC), Ghaziabad and Department of ECE and EEE, SET, Sharda University on 4th December 2015.
- MoU with Domatics.
The MOU has been signed between ECE Sharda Universty and Domautics on 14 /01/2016.These people are looking forward to developing an R&D centre in our Dept.
- Expert Talk on Evolution & Application of GSM Technology-'1G to 5G'
Dr. Sandeep Kumar from Tech Mahindra Ltd has delivered a special lecture on Evolution & Application of GSM technology: 1G to 5G to the department of ECE students, on 11th Feb'16.This lecture was organized by Mr. Sandeep Singh and Mr. S.Mukherjee.
- Expert Talk on Energy Conservation.
Mr.Mukesh Ranjan and Mr. K.K Ranjan from PCRA, has delivered a special lecture on Energy Conservation to the department of ECE students, on 28th Jan'16.This lecture was organized by Dr.A.K Singh and Dr.Pallavi Gupta.
- Expert Talk on Placement & Technology
Mr. Devendra Khari, CEO, DKOP Labs. Pvt. Ltd. visited Department of ECE and delivered an Expert lecture on placement and technology to B.Tech 4th year and M.Tech 1st-year students.
- Workshop on Matlab Basics
Dept. of ECE, conducted a one-day workshop on Matlab Basics. The workshop was attended mostly by 2nd and 4th-year students of ECE. This workshop was held on 12/10/2015.
- Workshop on "VLSI Trends and Future”
A workshop " on VLSI Trends and Future " was organized in ECE Department by Mr. Yogendra Gill (Assistant Professor, ECE) and Mr.Prince Ngar(Lecturer ,ECE) in collorabation with 3ST Technologies Pvt.Ltd. on 6th November 2015.
The workshop was held in the support with Mr Sandeep Gupta(Director 3ST).
- Industrial Visit to Advanced Level Telecom Training Centre (ALTT Centre), Ghaziabad
ALTT Centre, Ghaziabad is having a state-of-the-art telecom technology lab and is an apex level telecom training centre of BSNL. ALTCC encompasses various telecom streams e.g. Mobile Technologies (GSM, CDMA, 3G, WI-Max, LTE etc), Modern Transmission Technologies, IPv6, Satellite communication etc. Prof A.K. Singh arranged for the visit. Students of the third year and final year ECE visited this centre on 1stOctober 2015, following faculty accompanied the visit Mrs. Ritu Singh and Dr. G.Venkat Babu. Prof A.K. Singh and Mr. Sandeep Singh interacted with Mr. M.K.Seth, Chief General Manager, ALTT Centre.
- National Conference on Progress in Photovoltaic
- (NC-PPV 2010), was organized on 06 March 2010 at Sharda University.
- The conference hosted 10 National Scientists with the participation of 100 Researchers and Students.
- Indo-Japan Conference on Frontier Nanomaterials for Energy (FNE-2012) was organized from 9-11 January 2012 at Sharda University.
- The conference hosted 9 International and 15 Indian Scientists with the participation of 150 Researchers and Students.
- Training for Faculty Members:
MATLAB AND SIMULINK ACADEMIC TOUR 2013, September 24, 2013.
- Visit of Faculty Members:
Vidyut Yantra Udyog, Modinagar October 06, 2013.
- Visit of Faculty Members:
System Lab, ST Microelectronics, G. Noida.
- Seminars on “ Developments Activities of S T Microeleronics
Seminar on “ Developments Activities of S T Microeleronics” by Dr. Rajeev Srivastava, Design Engineer, on September 05, 2013 from 10:00 to 11:30 am in R. No. 402, SET 1 for the students of M. Tech. VLSI 1st year.
- Cadence Seminar on "Opportunities in Semiconductor and VLSI
- Industries” on 10th September 2013 from 2:30 to 4:00 pm in
- the Auditorium R. No. 102 SET 3 for the students of B.Tech.
- ECE 4th year and M. Tech. VLSI 1st year.
- Training on line on “Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources”
Department of Electronics and Communication, Sharda University Conducted " Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources” program as a satellite based training for universities sponsored by National Natural Resources Management System (NNRMS) from 03/02/2014 to 29/03/2014.
- Workshop on “Carrier After Engineering
Workshop on “Carrier After Engineering “by Electronics for You, published by EFY Enterprises Pvt Ltd for third year and second year ECE students : Mr. Santosh Kumar, Marketing Manager of EFY publication 07/02/2014.
- Five days course on DSP under FDP for the faculty members of ECE. Duration: 05 days (June 12-16, 2014).
- Sessions/day; Two (11:00 am - 1:00 pm and 2:00 - 4:00 pm).
- One day workshop on “VLSI Design”
Department of ECE organized one day workshop with DUCAT, Noida for the students of B.Tech and M.Tech on VLSI design on 30th September 2014 in SET V, Room No. 603. This workshop was a co-curricular activity that enriched the knowledge base of students. This workshop was delivered by the eminent speaker, Mr. Harsh, from industry. The workshop covered current developments and career aspects in VLSI Technology.
- Workshop Development and Deployment of Next Generation Networks and Opportunity
Workshop on “Development and Deployment of Next Generation Networks and Opportunity for Inclusive Growth” 18th October’ 2014, Sharda University.
- Workshop Hand on practice for electronic circuits based on sensors and Amplifiers
Workshop and Hand on practice for electronic circuits based on sensors and Amplifiers, Mr. Bikarmjeet Singh, Director of HBEON Lab, Greater Noida 11/11/2014 and 13/11/2014.
B.Tech. & M.Tech. (Labs)
- Analog Circuit
- Digital Electronics
- Network lab
- Circuit Simulation & PCB Design
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- Control System
- Microwave Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Analog and Digital Communication
- Optical Communication lab (M.Tech).
- Advance Communication (M.Tech).
- Microcontroller and Embedded (M.Tech).
- CMOS Circuit Design (M.Tech).
- VLSI Design Lab(M.Tech).
- Software (M.Tech).
- Orcade PSPICE (25 user)
- IE3D ( EM Simulator 5 user)
- MATLAB (60 user, 2012 A version)
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)