Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering shares the vision and mission of Sharda University in imparting quality education to the students to meet national and global challenges by providing stimulating and flexible learning environment for its students as well as faculty.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is one of the premier departments of School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University.
In this era of globalization where the whole world is well knit and networked, Electronics and Communication Engineering is most sought after engineering branch among budding Engineers.
To cater to the needs of supplying best professionals in Electronics and Communication Engineering at national and international level, the Department of ECE offers B.Tech, M.Tech. and Ph.D. Programmes.
The department is equipped with excellent research Facilities in VLSI design, microwave engineering, high-speed networking and communication, embedded systems, intelligent systems, parallel bus architecture and designing high-performance systems, signal processing, biomedical instrumentation and power engineering.
Three MOUs with the Industry has been signed by Department
- Domautics Home Automation, Noida on 14th January 2016.
- Advanced Level Telecom Training Centre, Ghaziabad on 4th Dec, 2015.
- Tevatron Technologies, Noida, on 5th June 2013.
Department has completed two Projects, one is ongoing and two have been applied with the help of external sponsored agencies like MSME, DRDO.
- “Development of High Dielectric Constant Polymer Composite for Pulsed Power Systems” DRDO, Govt. of India, Bangalore. Project was of 1.5 year and grant money 7 lakh which has been completed in 2012. Co-PI: Prof. R. M. Mehra.
- “Development and Characterization of Ionic Polymer Blend membrane Metal Composites (IPMS) for the application of Actuation Devices”, Funded By DRDO and project was for three Years and grant money 31.35 lakh which has been completed in, 2015. PI: Prof. R. M. Mehra.
- “Development of photovoltaic Modules of Dye sensitized solar Cell”, Funded by MSME Govt. of India is ongoing and total grant money for this project is 8.0 lakh. Approved in March, 2014 and Incubatee: Ms. Rashmi Priyadarshini.
- “Purity Meter to detect Adulteration in Milk”, MSME, Govt. of India, New Delhi has been applied in 2016, which include total amount 8.0 lakh. Incubatee: Dr. Pallavi Gupta.
- Development of wireless sensor network for campus monitoring using device free localization technique. Sponsored by, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises MSME, Govt. of India, New Delhi. Amount: 8.00 Lacs. Submitted in 2016 and Mentor is Ms. Rashmi Priyadarshini.
Department has applied Three Patents.
- “Acoustic-Electronic Method to Detect Adulteration in Milk”, CBR No. 26883, Date: 11/12/2015, by Dr. Pallavi Gupta.
- “Economical Digital Viscometer to Detect Relative Viscosity”, CBR No. 26883, Date: 11/12/2015, by Dr. Pallavi Gupta.
- “Activity recognition and person identification with device free localization technology”, CBR No. 26883, Date: 11/12/2015, by Ms.Rashmi Priyadarshini.
Professor A.K.Singh has Co-authored one monograph
- Raj Senani, D. R. Bhaskar and A. K. Singh, `Current Conveyors: Variants, Applications and Hardware Implementations', Springer International Publishing, Switzerland, 2015 ISBN 978-3-319-08683-5.
Book Chapter by Dr Noor E Zahra.
- Noore Zahra, “Recent Advances in Compressive Sensing”, Mathematical Models, Methods and Applications by A.H. Siddiqi, Pammy manchanda and Rashmi Bhardwaj, Springer International Publishing, 2015, ISBN: 978-981-287-971-4.
Linkage established with Industries and other Institutions
- ST Microelectronics, Greater Noida
- Moser Baer India, Greater Noida
- Free scale India, Noida
- Cadence India
- DKOP Pvt. Ltd.
- University of Delhi
- CEERI, Pilani
- NPL, New Delhi
- NSIT University, New Delhi
- Siemens India
- MoU with ALTTC, Ghaziabad
- MoU with Doumatics, Noida
- Tech Mahindra
- QA Infotech
- Zycus Infotech
- Team Computers
- Think and Learn
“Center of Competency in VLSI Design” (CCVD)
- Low Power VLSI Design (Modeling and Simulation)
- Analog Signal Processing
- Microwave Patch Antenna (Design, Fabrication and Characterization)*
- Wireless Sensors Networks (Design, Fabrication and Implementation)*
- Solar Cells (DSSC, Fabrication and Characterization)
Seminars & Workshops
Major Academic Activities undertaken in ECE 2016-17
- The MOU was signed between ECE Sharda Universty and Domautics on 14 /01/2016.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SET organized Training Session on Solar Panel Installation & VLSI Verification by Skills Council Of India (Electronic Sector) | 27th Dec'16 - 10th Jan'17
- Industrial visit for final year students The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, SET had arranged industrial visit for the students of final year ECE at Panchayatan (installation of 10kw solar plant) Dhankaur on 24tht August 2016.
- Industrial trip was organized by ECE Department for B.Tech students, at Tevatron Technologies,Noida on 5th March 2016.
- Industrial trip was organized by ECE Department for M.Tech Digital Communication students, at ALTTC Gzb on 11th February 2016.
- Mr Jitendra Sagu from TICO Delhi has delivered a special lecture on Embedded Technology & Job opportunity in Industry" to department of ECE students, on 4th Mar'16.
- Mr Dharmendra Kumar from Bharat Electronics Limited,Gzb has delivered a special lecture Microwave Components for industrial use to department of ECE students, on 4th Mar'16.
- Professor L.O.Chua, speaking on the topic, “Everything you know about Memristor but are afraid to ask”, at the department of ECE on 02/02/2016.
Future Academic Plans
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship trainings on anvil in co-ordination with National Skill Development Corporation.
- Classes for students for Indian Engineering Services/GATE are scheduled.
- Workshops on ‘’Latest trends in Telecom” are planned in Electronics & Communication Engineering Department.
- Department is organizing a training programme on ‘The latest open source tools’ to enhance technical skills of faculty and students.
- A ‘Product Development Cell’ is being created in ECE with four faculty and sixteen students active in developing commercial products in close collaboration with industry.
- Telecom, Embedded System, IOT, VLSI, Solar Designing and RF Microwave shall be developed as niche areas through industry related projects and extensive use of Lab facilities in and outside University.
- Skill development Certification of our students is planned in Embedded VLSI, SOLAR, Android App Development.
- Extensive involvement with Industry to identify the projects for students and faculty is scheduled by july2017
- A number of workshops/seminars/industrial visits/experts’ lectures are scheduled in departments.
Seminars/Symposium/Workshops/FDP conducted in 2016
- Two days FDP on “PCB Design” was organised by Electronics and Communication Engineering, on 27th & 28th May 2016.
- Workshop on on Data Communication "Netcomm (Data Communication Emerging Technologies) Technologies, ITIL V3.0, & Digital Marketing" for students and staff members was organized by ECE Department on 26th October 2016.
- Workshop on “Arduino Robotics” in collaboration with Technomentis Edu Sevices was organized by the student Chapter of IETE of ECE Department from 11th, Nov 2016 to 12th Nov2016.
- Two Days FDP on Telecom Terminal Equipment Application Developer - Android on with assessment by Telecom sector skill council from 22nd and 23rd January 2017.
- Boot Camp of 12 Days on "Android App Development" - was organized by the student Chapter of IETE of ECE Department in collaboration with TSSC, India | 10th Jan’17
- Eleven Days FDP on Solar Panel Installation Engineer with assessment by Electronic sector skill council was organized by ECE Department from 27/12/2016 to 7/1/17.
- Seventeen Days FDP on VLSI Verification Engineer with assessment by Electronic sector skill council was organized by ECE Department from 27/12/2016 to 13/1/17
- Nine Days FDP on Telecom embedded hardware Developer with assessment by Telecom sector skill council was organized from 30/7/16 to 8/8/16
- One day workshop was organized by ECE Department for B.Tech First yr students of ECE and EEE on “Robo Skill" on 8th Feb 2017
- Two days workshop was organized by ECE Department for B. Tech First yr students of ECE and EEE on “Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designing and Circuit Development" on 15-16 Nov 2016
- Organized an expert lecture of Prof.P.N.Prasad, University at Buffalo,NY,USA on 29th February 2017.
Achievements of Faculty during the year 2016
- Ms Noore Zahra and Ms. Rashmi pridarshini were awarded Ph.D degree
- Faculty of ECE published fourteen research papers in reputed journals during 2016.
- Prof Abdhesh kumar Singh delivered an invited talk on “Advances on Signal Processing” ITS Engineering College Grater Noida
- Dr.Pallavi gupta has successfully completed master Trainer for Android Applications from Telecom sector skill council.
- Dr.Pallavi gupta, Dr. Noore Zahra, Ms Manisha Rajoriya and Ms Ritu Singh have successfully completed master Trainer for Solar Panel installation Design Engineer from Electronic sector skill council.
- Dr.Pallavi Gupta attended one week training program on “Global and Business Foundation Skills by NASSCOM in December 2016
- Rashmi Priyadarshini has successfully completed the Master training program on "Telecomm Embedded Hardware system Developer”
- Mr. S.Mukharjee has successfully completed master Trainer for VLSI verification Engineer from Electronic sector skill council.
- Dr.Noore Zahra was invited to Chair a session in 8th International Conference of Image Processing,Wavelet and application at Istanbul,Turkey from 22-24 September 2016.
- Dr. Noore Zahra Presented a talk on “Feature Extraction of Brain Tumour using wavelet” on 8th International Conference of Image Processing,Wavelet and application at Istanbul,Turkey from 22-24 September 2016
- Dr. Noore Zahra Presented a talk on “Application of Wavelet Transform in structural Health monitoring System for buildings” on 8th International Conference of Image Processing,Wavelet and application at Istanbul,Turkey from 22-24 September 2016.
- “Applications of Remote Sensing & GIS for Natural Resources”
Department of ECE, SET in association with Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun part of ISRO, has organized a program on “Applications of Remote Sensing and GIS for Natural Resources” from 27th Jan to 20th March 2015. The program is inaugurated on 27/02/2015 with best wishes and regards of Prof. R.K. Jaitley, Dean, SET. Participants include M.Tech students (ECE, CSE, and EIE), BS-MS students and Faculty members.
- National Conference.
ECE Department has organized two days National Conference on Emerging Trends of Electronics & Communication Engineering on 20th -21st March2015. The conference is organised by Ms. Manisha Rajoriya and Mr. Mohd Zeeshan Haider, faculty of ECE department in the supervision of Dr. R.M. Mehra. In the conference more than 20 papers were presented from outside engineering colleges and about 60 M.tech students of Sharda University and JNU Delhi ,of different specialisation has taken part in the conference.
- Expert Lecture on IoTs.
Mr. G. V. Singh from Domautics delivered a special lecture on IoTs(Internet of Things) to the department of ECE students. They discussed home automation using IoTs and various application in industry.
- Industrial Interaction People Meet
A meeting was held in the HoD-ECE’s Conference Room on 29th January 2016. Discussion on important of the curriculum as per the industry requirement was done between the industry people. The meeting was chaired by the HoD-ECE. The following Guest & faculty members were present at the meeting.
- Dr. Satish Chandra Tiwari - Cadence, Noida
- Mr. G. V. Singh - Domautics, Noida
- Mr. Ashish Rudla - ST Microelectronics, Gr. Noida
- Faculty Development Programme.
2 Days FDP from 22 to 23 December 2015 on Cadence Tool by Mr.Shashank Shekhar from Cadence,Banglore,Organized by Dr.Pallavi Gupta and Prince Nagar.
- MoU with ALTTC.
The MoU has been signed between Advance Level Telecom Training Center (ALTTC), Ghaziabad and Department of ECE and EEE, SET, Sharda University on 4th December 2015.
- MoU with Domatics.
The MOU has been signed between ECE Sharda Universty and Domautics on 14 /01/2016.These people are looking forward to developing an R&D centre in our Dept.
- Expert Talk on Evolution & Application of GSM Technology-'1G to 5G'
Dr. Sandeep Kumar from Tech Mahindra Ltd has delivered a special lecture on Evolution & Application of GSM technology: 1G to 5G to the department of ECE students, on 11th Feb'16.This lecture was organized by Mr. Sandeep Singh and Mr. S.Mukherjee.
- Expert Talk on Energy Conservation.
Mr.Mukesh Ranjan and Mr. K.K Ranjan from PCRA, has delivered a special lecture on Energy Conservation to the department of ECE students, on 28th Jan'16.This lecture was organized by Dr.A.K Singh and Dr.Pallavi Gupta.
- Expert Talk on Placement & Technology
Mr. Devendra Khari, CEO, DKOP Labs. Pvt. Ltd. visited Department of ECE and delivered an Expert lecture on placement and technology to B.Tech 4th year and M.Tech 1st-year students.
- Workshop on Matlab Basics
Dept. of ECE, conducted a one-day workshop on Matlab Basics. The workshop was attended mostly by 2nd and 4th-year students of ECE. This workshop was held on 12/10/2015.
- Workshop on "VLSI Trends and Future”
A workshop " on VLSI Trends and Future " was organized in ECE Department by Mr. Yogendra Gill (Assistant Professor, ECE) and Mr.Prince Ngar(Lecturer ,ECE) in collorabation with 3ST Technologies Pvt.Ltd. on 6th November 2015.
The workshop was held in the support with Mr Sandeep Gupta(Director 3ST).
- Industrial Visit to Advanced Level Telecom Training Centre (ALTT Centre), Ghaziabad
ALTT Centre, Ghaziabad is having a state-of-the-art telecom technology lab and is an apex level telecom training centre of BSNL. ALTCC encompasses various telecom streams e.g. Mobile Technologies (GSM, CDMA, 3G, WI-Max, LTE etc), Modern Transmission Technologies, IPv6, Satellite communication etc. Prof A.K. Singh arranged for the visit. Students of the third year and final year ECE visited this centre on 1stOctober 2015, following faculty accompanied the visit Mrs. Ritu Singh and Dr. G.Venkat Babu. Prof A.K. Singh and Mr. Sandeep Singh interacted with Mr. M.K.Seth, Chief General Manager, ALTT Centre.
- National Conference on Progress in Photovoltaic
- (NC-PPV 2010), was organized on 06 March 2010 at Sharda University.
- The conference hosted 10 National Scientists with the participation of 100 Researchers and Students.
- Indo-Japan Conference on Frontier Nanomaterials for Energy (FNE-2012) was organized from 9-11 January 2012 at Sharda University.
- The conference hosted 9 International and 15 Indian Scientists with the participation of 150 Researchers and Students.
- Training for Faculty Members:
MATLAB AND SIMULINK ACADEMIC TOUR 2013, September 24, 2013.
- Visit of Faculty Members:
Vidyut Yantra Udyog, Modinagar October 06, 2013.
- Visit of Faculty Members:
System Lab, ST Microelectronics, G. Noida.
- Seminars on “ Developments Activities of S T Microeleronics
Seminar on “ Developments Activities of S T Microeleronics” by Dr. Rajeev Srivastava, Design Engineer, on September 05, 2013 from 10:00 to 11:30 am in R. No. 402, SET 1 for the students of M. Tech. VLSI 1st year.
- Cadence Seminar on "Opportunities in Semiconductor and VLSI
- Industries” on 10th September 2013 from 2:30 to 4:00 pm in
- the Auditorium R. No. 102 SET 3 for the students of B.Tech.
- ECE 4th year and M. Tech. VLSI 1st year.
- Training on line on “Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources”
Department of Electronics and Communication, Sharda University Conducted " Microwave (SAR) Remote Sensing for Natural Resources” program as a satellite based training for universities sponsored by National Natural Resources Management System (NNRMS) from 03/02/2014 to 29/03/2014.
- Workshop on “Carrier After Engineering
Workshop on “Carrier After Engineering “by Electronics for You, published by EFY Enterprises Pvt Ltd for third year and second year ECE students : Mr. Santosh Kumar, Marketing Manager of EFY publication 07/02/2014.
- Five days course on DSP under FDP for the faculty members of ECE. Duration: 05 days (June 12-16, 2014).
- Sessions/day; Two (11:00 am - 1:00 pm and 2:00 - 4:00 pm).
- One day workshop on “VLSI Design”
Department of ECE organized one day workshop with DUCAT, Noida for the students of B.Tech and M.Tech on VLSI design on 30th September 2014 in SET V, Room No. 603. This workshop was a co-curricular activity that enriched the knowledge base of students. This workshop was delivered by the eminent speaker, Mr. Harsh, from industry. The workshop covered current developments and career aspects in VLSI Technology.
- Workshop Development and Deployment of Next Generation Networks and Opportunity
Workshop on “Development and Deployment of Next Generation Networks and Opportunity for Inclusive Growth” 18th October’ 2014, Sharda University.
- Workshop Hand on practice for electronic circuits based on sensors and Amplifiers
Workshop and Hand on practice for electronic circuits based on sensors and Amplifiers, Mr. Bikarmjeet Singh, Director of HBEON Lab, Greater Noida 11/11/2014 and 13/11/2014.
B.Tech. & M.Tech. (Labs)
- Analog Circuit
- Digital Electronics
- Network lab
- Circuit Simulation & PCB Design
- Linear Integrated Circuits
- Control System
- Microwave Engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Analog and Digital Communication
- Optical Communication lab (M.Tech).
- Advance Communication (M.Tech).
- Microcontroller and Embedded (M.Tech).
- CMOS Circuit Design (M.Tech).
- VLSI Design Lab(M.Tech).
- Software (M.Tech).
- Orcade PSPICE (25 user)
- IE3D ( EM Simulator 5 user)
- MATLAB (60 user, 2012 A version)
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture