Architects must understand the nature of the human interaction within the larger environmental context. This is the core idea on which the Department of Architecture is built upon, where architecture is understood not in the narrow terms of ‘building’, but in the larger context of the ‘built environment’. The world around us is moving at a pace more rapid than ever before, and the architectural professionals of tomorrow need to be sensitive towards the social responsibilities of environmental intervention that are an inevitable consequence when it comes to the actual practice of architecture. Green Architecture and Sustainability are not just buzzwords, but a vital component of our built environment.
Given that in the ever-changing world, the architect needs to be prepared to adapt to the environment around, the programs at the Department of Architecture recognize the multiplicity and changing nature of future roles open to the architect. The students are afforded the freedom to engage with the discipline at many levels, and through multiple channels where they are allowed to choose their own unique pathways through the course, thereby (re)creating and (re)producing themselves as professionals with multiple expertises.
The school has an interdisciplinary approach which sources from varied fields such as Mass Communication, Design, and Management etc. Architecture students will have the opportunity to tailor their course to their needs, thereby; they could be studying photography, choreography, visual communication or any other elective as a part of the larger architecture course.
- The School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University hosted the prestigious “ National Level Awards for Excellence in Architectural Thesis B. Arch. & M.Arch Level – 2016” in association with The Council of Architecture (COA) through its academic unit – National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA).
- SHARDA UNIVERSITY School of Architecture and Planning (SAP) is also hosted the “JK AYA Best Architecture Student of the Year Award”.
ZONAL NASA at Manav Rachna University, Faridabad, Nov 2016
- This year the Zonal NASA was held at Manav Rachna University, Faridabad in the month of November. Many eminent architects and more than 2200 students of Architecture were a part of the convention. 1st, 2nd & 3rd Year students from SAP participated in various competitions and won accolades
- Chorus -2016 at Sharda University , Decoration done by SAP students .
- ARCHVENTURE design competition at Gateway College Sonipat , March 2015.
- 20 Students of First Year participated and won 8 prizes in various competitions at Gateway college of Architecture & Spatial design, Sonipath.
Seminars & Workshops
1. The School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University has organized a guest lecture for Architecture Students on “Planning and Design of Airport Buildings”.By :Ar. Kalpana Sethi ( Ex. Executive Director, Planning & Design, Airport Authority of India, AAI)
2. The School of Architecture & Planning, Sharda University has organized a special lecture on “LIGHTING” by “Havells India Ltd.”
Topics covered -Lighting layouts, types of luminaries, Designing Prospectus/Criterion, Calculation of Lux/Lumens, pertaining to NBC/IS codes guidelines.
1) Shreya Bajaj from Havells India
2) Anil Bhasin from Havells India
3) Anshul Nasa from Havells India
Dated:- 26th Sept. 2016
3. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP) has organized special lectures on INTERIOR DESIGN and RESORT DESIGN for Third year students of B.Arch.as a part of their design exercise
-Ar. R.K. Jhingan (Graduate of School of Architecture & Planning Delhi, is a pioneer and leading Architect in the field of landscape and Resort design, retired as the Director, landscape from Delhi Development Authority (DDA).
-Ar. Ruchika Mittal (Principal Architect of ASID Consultants, Jasola; Graduated from TVB School of Habitat Studies Delhi, has almost 21 years of experience. )
Date: 19th Oct 2016
4. Schools of Architecture and Planning (SAP) Sharda University has organized a Guest Lecture on ‘Buddhist Architecture of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam’, for Second Year students of B. Arch to extend their understanding and appreciation of Buddhist Architecture in Southeast Asia.
Guest Speaker: Ar. Vikram Lall (Partner and Principal Architect at Lall and Associates, consultant in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Urban Design, Town Planning, Interior Design, Structural Design, Valuation and Design Management).
Date : 4th Nov 2016
5. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), SHARDA UNIVERSITY has organized a special lecture on ‘Healthcare Architecture’ for Fourth-year students of B.Arch.
Healthcare architecture has assumed great importance in recent years.
By : Ar. K.K. Mitra
Dated : 9th Nov.2016
6. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University has organised a guest lecture on ‘Identity and Meaning in Architecture’ for Third and Fourth Year students of B.Arch.
The lecture aims at extending students’ understanding and appreciation of Architecture as a discipline and profession.
Guest Speaker: Ar. Sudipto Ghosh
Date: 11th Nov.2016
7. School of Architecture and Planning (SAP), Sharda University organized an interactive lecture on “DESIGN AND FRACTAL ARCHITECTURE” on 6th Jan. 2017 by Ar. Vandana Shourie (renowned Artist & Architect, S.P.A. Delhi) for First year students of B. Arch.
The lecture aims at making the students familiar with the architectural design process, sensitizing them to be more observant to their surroundings and promoting it as a basic creative instinct to design.
8. Guest Lecture on “Architecture Building Materials” by Team of Experts from Mahaphant Fibre-Cement South Asia Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai was organised by School of Architecture and Planning at Sharda University on 6th January 2016
Seminars & Conferences
1. Sharda University celebrated 85th Birth Anniversary of our 11th President Bharat Ratna Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam as “INNOVATION DAY” on 15th October, 2016.
Benefitting to the Character of this great Scientist it was planned to remember Dr. Kalam through an Exhibition on “Innovation”, Special Lecture by Sh. Rajesh Kumar and Prof. S.M. Akhtar, A Film and a Quiz on him,
2. School of Architecture and planning, Sharda University has organized a Series of seminars for Thesis students of B. Arch. on Concept Formulation, Development and Presentation technique. on 12th Feb2016
A series of Seminar was organised for IVth year Thesis Students. Each session was addressed by two Eminent Speakers from the academics and practice.The first session scheduled on 12th February, 2016 from 10:00 am onwards.
1. Prof. Vandana Shourie, Architect, Painter, Art Critic, VF in SPAD,
2. Ar. Vikas Jain, Practicing Architect, VF in SPAD.
- Concept Formulation
- Presentation Technique
3. Origami Workshop, Nov 2016
School of Architecture and Planning organized ‘ORIGAMI WORKSHOP’ on 5th Nov’16 for the students of B. Arch. to enhance their visualization and form development skills.
Origami workshop aimed at helping student unleash their inner creative potential through having fun with the medium of paper craft making.
The workshop was conducted by Ms. Amandeep Kaur (Vice President, Origami Oritai) and Ms. Indrani Pal (Treasurer, Origami Oritai).
4. Hands-On-Training Model Making Workshop, Feb 2016
SAP organized Architectural Model Making Hands-on-Training Workshop at Sharda University on Feb 16,2016 Conducted by: Ar. Sumit Ghosh and his model making team with hands on session for students in February and March.
5. Bricks And Metal Workshop, March 2016
School of Architecture and Planning, Sharda University has organized a two days workshop on ”BRICKS AND METAL SCULPTURES” at Sharda University on 8th and 9th of March 2016.for Ist and IInd year B.Arch students .The workshop was conducted by Experts Mr. Rinku Chouhan and Mr Phaneendra Nath.
6. AAKRITI Workshops, Feb 2015
Seven workshops were organized for all SAP students at Sharda University with experts from industry making sculptures, paintings and models live from different materials. To teach them the properties and working techniques of various materials
- Bamboo by Mr. Raja Deori
- Metal Sculpture by Mr. Ravinder Verma
- Collage & Graffiti by Mr. Dattatraya Apte
- Tensile Structure by Mr. Kharbanda
- Photography by Ms. CP Rashmi
- Graphic Designer by Mr. Satvinder Walia
- Short Film making by Mr. Dev Mehra respectively.
- Convener Ar. Richa Malik
7. PANEL DISCUSSION Zonal Nasa at SAP, SU, Sep 2015
As a part of ZONASA, panel discussions on the following topics were organized by SAP, Sharda
- What is Smart about Smart Cities’ by Eminent speakers Ar. H.B.Singh, Ar. Ashish Gupta, Ar. Shilpa Jain, Ar. Vibhor Mukul Singh
- Defining Indian Architecture, is it possible’ by Eminent speakers Ar. Sanjay Kanvinde, Ar. Arunabha Das Gupta, Ar. Tapan Chakraborty, Ar.Sudhar Nath Segal followed by a student’s debate.
1. Computer Lab (2 no)
- 60 Computers
- LAN connection
- Wi-Fi, printer
- Display boards
- Autodesk (Autocad, Revit, 3D Max)
- Adobe creative suite
- Google sketchup pro
- Microsoft office
3. Material Workshop: carpentry and model making
4. Museum: display of materials related to building construction
5. Exhibition Room: display of student’s studio works and models.
Research & Publications
Presenting paper in NICHE -2016, International Conference
You will be glad to know , that Ar. Richa Malik, Assistant Professor at School of Architecture and Planning has presented a paper on "Intelligent Building Facades" in Neo-International Conference" NICHE-IPM2016 .happened at Lovely School of Architecture and Design ,Jalandhar, G.T. Road, Punjab. on 13th Nov. 2016, sharing a platform with international and national eminent architects.
This paper strives to make an exhaustive review on various type of Intelligent building facades, technology they are based upon and their impact on environment.In architecture the facade of a building is often the most important aspect from a design standpoint, as it sets the tone for the rest of the building.. Increasingly, they are also understood as important environmental moderators and key influencers in project risk and commercial success.
NATIONAL SEMINAR ON MANAGEMENT OF STORM WATER DRAINAGE SYSTEM IN URBAN INDIA ON 21ST JANUARY, 2017 AT INDIA INTERNATIONAL CENTRE Paper – I ‘Integrated Approach to Storm Water Management in Indian Cities’ by Ms. Chitra Chidambaram, Associate Professor, School of Architecture and Planning, Sharda University
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2015)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-15)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-15)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah Architecture, 2014-15
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor Architecture, 2014-15
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan Architecture, 2014-15
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma Architecture, 2014-15
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish Architecture, 2014-15
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee Architecture, 2014-15