School of Basic Sciences & Research
School of Basic Sciences and Research (SBSR) boasts of providing an interdisciplinary approach, exposure to different disciplines in science including Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Life Sciences, and Environmental Sciences.
The School of Basic Sciences and Research is unique from other institutions of higher learning as it is committed to imparting knowledge in pure and applied sciences, which not only forms the foundation for further academic pursuits in science and technology but also acts as the foundation for students to pursue a career in multi facet directions.
The academic programmes are designed to meet the requirement of the latest technological developments and envisages to become a state-of-the-art department that cater the students at Graduate, Post-Graduate and Research level along with providing high-quality education and cutting-edge interdisciplinary research in sciences. SBSR has well-equipped laboratories for Physics, MAT LAB, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Culture, Virology, Bio-Chemistry, Physical, Organic and Inorganic chemistry for Graduate and Post-Graduate Programmes. In addition, there are Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF) and other advance research labs to promote research culture. The school is continuously associated with academic/sponsored research and industrial consultancy work.
After completing, the graduates of the programmes will acquire
- General knowledge of scientific fields such as Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology with detailed knowledge of his/her area of interest.
- Ability to integrate factual knowledge with problem-solving skills.
- Ability to recognise a vital scientific problem and to propose experiments that would make a valuable contribution to its solution.
- Ability to devise experimental protocols and conduct self-directed research to contribute to provide the solution of a significant scientific problem.
- Ability to develop an understanding of primary scientific literature, to keep abreast of recent developments, and to incorporate and integrate the research in their chosen area of expertise.
- All the programmes are embedded with a mature and highly sophisticated research culture to ensure the multi-dimensional growth of the students.
- Seminars, workshops, conferences as well as special guest lectures are organised to garner the scope for interdisciplinary research in different areas of Basic Sciences.
- The School has a number of live projects sponsored by AICTE, DST-SERB, DST-ASEAN, ICMR, DRDO, ISRO, NIDM and MSME.
- The school has different research centres BioPOSITIVE Laboratory, Advanced Virology Centre, BioEnergy Research & Technology Development Centre, Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Computational Chemistry Lab (CCL) and Advanced Polymeric Materials Research Laboratory in addition, Centre of Excellence on Solar Cells and Renewable Energy, Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Imaging and Forensics, Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF) solely dedicated for carrying out research activities of Government/Non-Government funded research projects.
- The School has already completed 12 Research projects worth Rs.372 lakhs and has 10 ongoing projects worth Rs.683 lakhs, sponsored by Government/Non-Government agencies such as Department of Science and Technology (DST), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), ISRO, ICMR and NIDM etc.
- Xccelerator Entrepreneurial and Business Incubation Centre at Sharda University is sponsored by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India, New Delhi.