About the Programme
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:  Graduates will be excel in applying knowledge of production engineering to create novel products and solutions for complex problems.
- PEO2: Graduates will be able to understand and explore the behaviour of existing and new materials suitable for the design and development of products.
- PEO3: Graduates will be able to apply the knowledge of industrial engineering to recognize, comprehend, analyze and to solve complex real life problems.
- PEO4:  Graduates will be able to build up the adequate communication skills, proficient personality and moral esteems to be a good human beings, responsible citizens and capable experts.
- PEO5: Graduates will be capable of applying relevant skills of research and development and other creative/ innovative efforts in their professional career.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Apply the engineering knowledge of mechanical engineering practices such as design,manufacturing, thermal sciences, automation and industrial engineering to the solution of complex mechanical systems.
- PO2: Identify, formulate, solve and analyse the mechanical system such as machine tools, press tools andthermal systems such as IC engines, refrigeration, air-conditioning and power generating systems.
- PO3: Conceptualize and evaluate the mechanical engineering aspects and select feasible solution using modern industrial management techniques and quality assurance systems considering safety, environment, and other realistic constraints.
- PO4: Develop the skills of good researchers to work on a problem, starting from the scratch, to research in to literatures, methodologies, techniques, tools and conduct experiments and interpret data.
- PO5:  Make use of modern engineering tools, software and equipment to analyse and complex mechanical engineering problems.
- PO6:   Demonstrate the traits of manager in handling engineering projects, related finance and coordinate work force towards achieving desired goals.
- PO7: Perceive the traits of professional integrity and ethics, and demonstrate the responsibility to implement the research outcome for sustainable development of the society.
- PO8:  Communicate effectively to comprehend and write effective reports following engineering standards.
- PO9: Demonstrate the skills of presenting the work unequivocally before scientific community and exchange the scientific thoughts.
- PO10: Recognize the need for and ability to engage in life-long learning in the broadest context to work in research laboratories and multidisciplinary environments.