About the Programme
Masters in Commerce or M.Com is a two-year postgraduate programme that focuses on the fundamental concepts of commerce and trade practices. The curriculum offered for the M.Com has been specially structured and formulated by well-known academicians and industry experts along with a team of highly qualified faculty members who are both well-versed in their field of study as well as are focused on student development for the students. Utmost care is given to the delivery of the curriculum to the students in the classrooms.
The method of instruction for this programme includes case studies along with interactive sessions and multimedia presentations in the classroom which helps a student to further his/ her understanding of the subject at a relaxed and comfortable pace. This programme serves as a foundation for further higher studies and research in the field of Commerce.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Develop the professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in Commerce, Accounting and Management Education.
- PEO2: Develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to help in managerial decisions.
- PEO3: Apply the contextual knowledge to assess the regulatory issues and its compliances related to Corporate Financial Reporting, Taxation, GST, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility etc. pertaining to any business firm.
- PEO4:  Able to prove proficiency with the ability to conduct research and higher studies like M.Phil., Ph.D., CS, ICWA and other courses.
-   PEO5:  Demonstrate an ability to communicate ideas & information effectively in both written and oral formats.
- PEO6:  Develop leaders to take decisions and lead teams.
- PO1: Aims to provide students with the knowledge, tools of analysis and skills with which to understand and participate in the modern business, accounting & laws and economics world, to prepare them for subsequent studies and to achieve success in their professional careers.
- PO2: Demonstrated major theories and generates realistic solutions based on government and firms’ policy as well as will equip the students to face the modern-day challenges in commerce and business.
- PO3:  To prepare students with an understanding of the theories with practical approach in subjects of accountancy, finance, taxation and auditing as well as to inculcate writing skills and Business Correspondence.
- PO4:  Critically evaluate new ideas, methodologies and theoretical framework and to create awareness of law and legislation related to commerce and business.
- PO5: Skilled in the use of computer systems and software used in commerce and business as well as effective communicator through practical assignments, exercises and field work.
- PO6: Develop social and ethical values among students for conducting and managing business ethically.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Equip the students with recent developments in accounting, taxation, laws and other Functional areas of commerce
- PSO2: Develop the skills of critical thinking to analyze information systematically to find a creative and innovative solution of an issue.
- PSO3 : Prove proficiency with the ability to undertake higher studies in research related Program/projects.