About the Programme
Master of Computer Applications is a three-year post-graduate programme with curriculum primarily based on the development of application software in diverse areas. The entire programme is aimed to develop students foundational skills of various technologies focused on the conceptual framework.   The programme provides the latest industrial elective courses and project work.
The programme is designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of Information Technology. It is inclined more towards Application Development and, thus, lays more emphasis on the latest programming language and tools to develop better and faster applications. This programme equips students with the knowledge of the development of application software for diverse fields to solve specific problems for the end users or clients.
In addition, the programme also emphasises upon planning, designing and building of complex commercial application software and system software. The financial security, freedom to relocate and the lifelong prospect of learning make this programme an ideal career for computer science enthusiasts.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities
- PO1: Domain Knowledge Apply computer science techniques, algorithmic principles in the modeling and design of computer based solutions and applications.
- PO2: Problem Analysis Apply problem-solving and technical skills to analyze a computer application related problems and propose feasible computing solutions using fundamental principles of mathematics and computing sciences
- PO3: Application Development Design and complete the solution within the specified time frame with financial constraints.
- PO4: Modern Tool Usage: Inculcate and apply Modern IT and Computing tools for solving complex problems.
- PO5: Innovation and EntrepreneurshipUse innovative approach to develop opportunities to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
- PO6: Environment and Sustainability Understand the impact of the professional solutions in societal and environmental constraints, and demonstrate the knowledge for sustainable development.
- PO7: Personal and Professional Ethics: Exhibit personal and professional ethics while working among multidisciplinary environment.
- PO8: Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in both manner, verbally and written, to provide integrated solution to customers/users or peers.
- PO9: Project Management: Ability to work in multidisciplinary environment as a team member or leader with best managerial skills.
- PO10: Life-Long Learning: Continue the process of life-long learning through professional activities adapt themselves with ease to new technologies.
- PSO1: Propose new ideas and solutions, culminating into a modern, easy to use tool, by a larger section of the society with longevity.
- PSO2: Invent software applications to problems across a broad range of application like Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, Data mining and cloud computing domains through analysis and design.