About the Programme
LLM. International Law is a one-year postgraduate programme designed to impart specialised knowledge of the framework leading stable international relations. The programme provides a crucial and thorough understanding of the ideologies within which public international law functions.
This programme deals with the study that responds to increasing intricacy in the international legal order. Under this programme, students also acquire insights on the evolution of international law through transformations such as global value chains, global counter-terrorism and foreign investment arbitration.
Individuals will gain the knowledge essential to understanding and significantly apprehend the rules techniques systems dynamics practices and discourses by virtue of which international law is developed and applied. The programme will also endow students with the indispensable research skills to autonomously continue developing honing and updating the knowledge of international law even after the completion of the programme.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:To provide the students higher learning in law in specialized legal areas.
- PEO2:To promote research in Social Legal areas.
- PEO3:To inculcate values of lifelong learning and being a responsible citizen to uphold spirit of the constitution with global outlook
- PEO4: To Develop Entrepreneurship Skills
Methods of Forming PEO’s
- STEP 1 : The needs of the Nation and society are identified through scientific publications, industry interaction and media.
- STEP 2: Taking the above into consideration, the PEOs are established by the Coordination Committee of the department.
- STEP 3: The PEOs are communicated to the student, employer and their suggestions are obtained.
- STEP 4: The PEOs are communicated to all the faculty members of the department and their feedback is obtained.
- STEP 5: The PEOs are then put to the Board of Studies of the department for final approval.