About the Programme
LLM in Human Rights at Sharda University is a one-year postgraduation programme that is designed for students interested in learning about the fundamental rights of every human being and gain knowledge about the issues related to women and gender, labour, refugees, children and criminal justice. The programme includes the study of various laws and rights that every individual possess. The curriculum consists of the study of a wide range of legislation that is useful in handling the violations and privation of human rights and contributes to society by ensuring an open and unbiased environment.   One of the primary objectives of the programme is to provide legal professionals who are incredibly efficient and can successfully operate in and deal with new challenges in the society associated with human rights violation.
The programme equips candidates with an in-depth knowledge about various legislations and conceptual framework of the   human rights protection systems and trains them to deal with violations related to the issues concerning to right to food, right to education, right to health, rights of women against violence and exploitation and the breach of law based on caste, religion and region. The programme focuses on preventing and ending human rights abuses by providing fundamental knowledge to the candidates about monitoring human rights development, writing case studies and reports on conditions around the world, engaging in advocacy to publicise and reduce human rights violations, lobbying, litigation, and promoting human rights practices in social and political structures.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:To provide the students higher learning in law in specialized legal areas.
- PEO2:To promote research in Social Legal areas.
- PEO3:To inculcate values of lifelong learning and being a responsible citizen to uphold spirit of the constitution with global outlook
- PEO4: To Develop Entrepreneurship Skills
Methods of Forming PEO’s
- STEP 1 : The needs of the Nation and society are identified through scientific publications, industry interaction and media.
- STEP 2: Taking the above into consideration, the PEOs are established by the Coordination Committee of the department.
- STEP 3: The PEOs are communicated to the student, employer and their suggestions are obtained.
- STEP 4: The PEOs are communicated to all the faculty members of the department and their feedback is obtained.
- STEP 5: The PEOs are then put to the Board of Studies of the department for final approval.