About the Programme
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a four-and-half-year undergraduate programme designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of rehabilitative medicine.
The programme concentrates on imparting practical expertise on the subjects including Exercise Therapy Electrotherapy Radiology & Imaging Technology Orthopedics & Traumatology and General Medicine.
The aim of the programme is to train students at an advanced level about core physiotherapeutic skills such as therapeutic exercises and application of electro-physical modalities which can cure a range of diseases and disabilities related to back spine neck shoulder and legs.
The programme emphasizes on learning to improve movement dysfunction and promote functions of the human body and optimal health. In addition the programme s practical sessions ensure that students get exposure to accurate diagnosis and treatment of disease and disability.
After completion of the programme aspirants are enrolled for a six-month internship to prepare them for cases & conditions and enhance their learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
Program educational objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
- PEO 1.(Technical Knowledge and Skill): To educate students with the understanding of Physiotherapy, and to build foundation for theories and practical in the areas of Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics, Exercise therapy, Electrotherapy, Orthopedics, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Sports, Research and to develop students’ design skills through Good Laboratory Practice.
- PEO 2.(Higher Studies and Life-long Learning): To provide students with sufficient breadth and depth in Physiotherapy and related areas. To keep up the high standards, value the recent research and apply the best available evidence to their everyday practice, and to enable for higher studies and lifelong learning programs.
- PEO 3. (Societal Context, Ethics, and Communication Skills): To make the students think of technical solutions for social needs improving living quality with ethical responsibilities in Industry/Government organizations, and to develop student's communication skills to undertake professional responsibilities & multidisciplinary team works.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
Program outcomes are the narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do as they graduate. These relate to the skills, knowledge and behavior that students acquire through their program. Following are the statements for POs for Physiotherapy program.
- PO1 .Physiotherapy Knowledge.
- PO2.Problem analysis
- PO3 Design/development of solutions
- PO4 : Professional Identity
- PO5: Physiotherapy and society
- PO6 : Basic medical Knowledge
- PO7 : Ethics
- PO8 : Individual or team work
- PO9 : Communication
- PO10 : Physiotherapy Patient evaluation & management
- PO11 : Life-long Learning