Notification for all students regarding the academic activities till 3rd May 2020
28 Apr 2020
As you know whole world is facing hard time to fight against pandemic COVID-19 and we are maintaining social distancing. Sharda University has been strictly following time-table to continue teaching-learning on online platforms. University is also giving supports, mentoring, counselling and guidance to students including support towards their health and safety.
Lock-down period is extended up to 3rd May, 2020. As per academic calendar, last instructional day is on 24thApril, 2020. Hence, summer vacation of students will start from 25thApr 2020. Summer vacation will continue till we call back students to university for End Term Examination (ETE) (of 1902 Term). University will intimate students 10 days before the date of reporting to university.
Students are advised to take note of the following information regarding the academic activities.
- Although summer vacation starts from 25thApril, 2020, some faculty members may continue online classes up to 30thApril, 2020 as per the need to complete the syllabus. Students are advised to remain in contact with class teachers to take all necessary lecture materials and guidance to prepare well and be ready for examination. Faculty members are advised to give doubt-clearing sessions, model questions, practice assignments.
- The End Term Examination for theory/practical/internship/
projects (for 1902 Term) shall be conducted when students are called back to campus. Date of reporting to campus will be conveyed to students 10 days before the date of reporting. Students are advised to do the travel booking only after getting the notification from university.
- The students will be required to attend practical/doubt clearing classes for 7-10 days after reporting to Campus and before End Semester Examinations.
- The schedule of examination will be notified to students in appropriate time in accordance to the guidance issued by Govt./statutory/regulatory bodies.
- The syllabus coverage and unit wise weightages for the End Term Examination of theory courses shall be informed to students by the receptive faculty members in the first week of May 2020.
- The schedule of viva/presentation/examination for Projects/Dissertations/
Trainings/Internships/labs shall also be scheduled during the period of End Term Examination of 1902.
- The criteria for final attendance calculation for Even semester (Term 1902) shall as per the directives issued by government or regulatory bodies and will be informed to the students in due course of time.
- As per academic calendar, next semester (2001) will start from 18th July, 2020. If lockdown period extends and if the examination period extends up to 3rd week of July or beyond then students may not have time to go back to their home after the examination is over. In such scenario, students are advised to carry all the study material, belongings and other necessary items for the next semester when they report to the University for ETE-1902 except passing out students.
- Any genuine issues of foreign students will be discussed separately and decision will be taken as per guidance issued by Govt./statutory/regulatory bodies.
- Students must prepare themselves to write End Term Examinations without any gap and even two papers in a day.
- Students are advised to keep themselves regularly updated through PeopleSoft/ iCoudEMS/student mail id for any notification by university or by faculty members/mentors. Students are further advised to effectively utilise the summer break for good preparation for ETE. The University staff/faculty members shall be available via phone or email id.
Stay safe and take care
For any query:
Please contact your School Deputy Registrar/ Asstt. Registrar/ Admin Officer/ Faculty / HoD/ Dean.